2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebli12

Standard Member
Feb 22, 2021
Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to - currently talking to solicitors and it’s quite complicated but I will probably have to go home for the summer!
Try offices of UK firms in your home country if there are any?
Alternatively depending on your age and nationality consider a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.

sebli12

Standard Member
Feb 22, 2021
@sebli12 congrats on the AC! I just want to check if you’ve received the VI/test invite others just received or a different invite?

Gateley’s process is confusing me a bit as the website doesn’t mention VI/Tests, just the AC. I appreciate they’ve likely made some changes because of COVID but interested to know!
It was the same invite as the others - just don't know the different acronyms on here haha

AW_08

Valued Member
Dec 20, 2019
Sorry to be a broken record but has anybody heard recently from Gibson Dunn (vac scheme), Macfarlanes (direct TC), Slaughter and May (non law direct TC), MoFo (vac scheme)? Still waiting on all of them...
I received an email earlier this week from Slaughters for non-law direct TC saying they had filled their non-law interview spaces up for the year

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hey, is the Freeths Legal Assistanr Programme opened?

The last time I checked it said their scheme was re-opening in the new year. But nothing has been updated so I emailed GR and they said to check again in Feb and still the same thing 🥴
    Yeah, I only knew it was open due to a friend who is on the programme already!

Reactions: MandyAA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.