TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

kcr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2022
Might be an extremely stupid question, but do you think the firm's can figure out if you have used ChatGPT to cut down on some words even if the content is all my own?
As long as it’s all in your own words and own work then I can’t imagine that there would be a problem with using it to cut down words, after all there’s many other non-AI tools that do this too.

bread basket

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 22, 2023
Is there a limited prep time?

Welcome to the Vinson & Elkins video interview. Congratulations on being shortlisted to the next stage of the 2024 spring/summer vacation scheme application process!

In this stage, you will be asked 3 pre-written questions to answer. These questions will be presented in a written format.

On the next screen you will have the choice to watch a hints and tips video which I advise you watch to ensure a smooth process when completing this phase. You will also be given the option to complete a sample question which I highly advise you do so you are clear on the instructions for the real set of questions.

When you click on the get started link, you will see at the bottom of each question has an answer time we have set for the allocated question. This is 2 minutes for the question 1 and 1 minute for question 2 and 3. Please note, we do see the time you take to prepare for each question and we advise on spending around 1 minute to prepare for each question before hitting the record button.

You have been set an option to retake once for each question.

We wish you the best of luck, smile and enjoy the process and we look forward to reviewing your answers. “

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.