TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2018
Hey everyone! With all this talk of interest rates and the technical recession the UK fell into at the end of 2023, would somebody be able to explain the impact of this on law firms? Or guide me to the right direction regarding the same? :)
Potentially link it to the impacts on clients of law firms by industry/ sector:

- Consumer and manufacturing: Low spending by customers can mean lower revenue for businesses. This can impact spending by the business on either R&D, growing their supply chain, bold business decisions will be limited with less trust and security in the economy.
- Counter-cyclical practice areas: Businesses downscale and remove employees could mean demand for employment lawyers increases. Where they are restructuring their operations this can require increased demand in restructuring and insolvency practices.

johnnn821

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2021
Guys does anyone have any experience with FlexLegal? I am thinking about applying and I would be grateful if anyone wants to send me a PM so I could hear more about their experiences with the platform (what type of work do you usually undertake, what type of clients are you usually seconded to, etc)

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Guys does anyone have any experience with FlexLegal? I am thinking about applying and I would be grateful if anyone wants to send me a PM so I could hear more about their experiences with the platform (what type of work do you usually undertake, what type of clients are you usually seconded to, etc)
FlexLegal tends to accept a good amount of people, but the process of being accepted now is more competitive and the same goes for obtaining a role. I've recently accepted a role with them after a few rounds of interviews at different companies. You're also more likely to get an in-house role rather than corporate adjacent roles with law firms.

Please feel free to DM me with further questions.

Reactions: johnnn821

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.