TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Amjaya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2023
Hi all, looking to apply to the trainee scheme [summer] at freshfields, any insights will be helpful. I tend to never pass the Watson test - please any guidance on this or special websites?! Appreciate it

Apple

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 23, 2023
@Jessica Booker NRF requires "demonstrable legal work experience" for their direct TC. Do you think volunteering at Citizens Advice is sufficient? or are they looking for something more along the lines of a previous vacation scheme, paralegalling and so on.

trainee2025

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
@Jessica Booker NRF requires "demonstrable legal work experience" for their direct TC. Do you think volunteering at Citizens Advice is sufficient? or are they looking for something more along the lines of a previous vacation scheme, paralegalling and so on.
I’m not Jessica, but I asked their grad rec this question before and they said they were specifically looking for paralegal and/or vacation scheme experience in all of their direct TC applicants.

I guess they run a few vac schemes and anyone can apply for those so they expect that someone without that experience would be better suited to the VS route. I would suggest applying to their winter VS when it opens!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Pinsent Masons TC offer 🥹 I interviewed for the vac scheme but they offered me a TC
Amazing news! Congratulations!

Work Work Work Applause GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

Apple

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 23, 2023
I’m not Jessica, but I asked their grad rec this question before and they said they were specifically looking for paralegal and/or vacation scheme experience in all of their direct TC applicants.

I guess they run a few vac schemes and anyone can apply for those so they expect that someone without that experience would be better suited to the VS route. I would suggest applying to their winter VS when it opens!
perfect response, thank you :)

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.