TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Aspiringsolicitor01

Standard Member
Jan 6, 2024
Hi @Jessica Booker . I recently took a video interview where I was still recovering from food poisoning as I had to get it done and I know that extensions are not allowed. I was inevitably pretty blank in my expressions and less animated. Is that something I should highlight to the early careers team or is it something I just have to accept won’t be taken into consideration?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker . I recently took a video interview where I was still recovering from food poisoning as I had to get it done and I know that extensions are not allowed. I was inevitably pretty blank in my expressions and less animated. Is that something I should highlight to the early careers team or is it something I just have to accept won’t be taken into consideration?
Unfortunately the recruitment team cannot really take it into consideration. They have no understanding of how it may have impacted you, and can’t “calculate” that into your performance.

Recruiters will often take the same view as universities where if you go ahead with an assessment, you are determining that you are “fit to sit”.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Links TC offer!
Congratulations - that is fantastic news!

Happy Dog GIF by The Academy Awards

• Love
Reactions: O

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.