TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

A worried final year

Esteemed Member
Mar 25, 2024
My AllHires isn't sending the MFA code so I can't log in and I need to complete two assessments ASAP - anyone have any suggestions?
Maybe you have tried already but try these two things.

1) Check the all mail instead of the primary.

2) Sometimes when a lot of emails are sent from one address the newer ones are hidden and you have to click on a little grey box with three dots in it to open up the newer emails.

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
hey all! i can't believe it but i've just signed my TC and so I think it's time to say 'goodbye' to the TCLA forum! It's been a long tough journey but thank you to TCLA forum for helping me through it! :)

I wish everyone the best of luck!! I would read these posts and wonder if i'd ever be in the position to leave the forum, and so to anyone who is reading my post right now and feeling the same- it's not a matter of if, it is a matter of when!! I mentioned in the other post that i was close to giving up many times and i had interviewed for other careers but idk what it is, a tiny tiny part of me just had a feeling i will get it one day and i am so glad i listened to that part of me (and you should too!).

I couldn't have made it without help along the way- I won't be checking the forum as often but feel free to PM me for any tips/advice or as a place to vent! Best of luck everyone ❤️

Last edited:

lucy2002

Standard Member
Apr 10, 2024
Really need some advice/motivation... I feel like I am never going to get a training contract and I have squandered my only chances. I managed to get a VS last year out of the only application I did (which I did not convert) and have been completely unable to replicate that success. I've had 6 ACs this year and not managed to get a VS out of any of them. Some I messed up and some were fine but I just wasn't good enough. I now can't get out of my head and feel like I will mess every AC up now that I've done it a few times. I feel like there's no way I can get one and I do not think my mental health can take doing another cycle and doing one won't help because the more I fail, the more likely I will continue to do so. Training contracts and how I don't think I'll get one is all I can think about all day everyday. Does anyone have any success stories where they've gone backwards before going forwards and finally succeeding? It seems like the motivational stories where people have got a VS after loads of ACs don't really calm me because that means they improved while I am going backwards and that is the problem.

Reactions: AB141

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Really need some advice/motivation... I feel like I am never going to get a training contract and I have squandered my only chances. I managed to get a VS last year out of the only application I did (which I did not convert) and have been completely unable to replicate that success. I've had 6 ACs this year and not managed to get a VS out of any of them. Some I messed up and some were fine but I just wasn't good enough. I now can't get out of my head and feel like I will mess every AC up now that I've done it a few times. I feel like there's no way I can get one and I do not think my mental health can take doing another cycle and doing one won't help because the more I fail, the more likely I will continue to do so. Training contracts and how I don't think I'll get one is all I can think about all day everyday. Does anyone have any success stories where they've gone backwards before going forwards and finally succeeding? It seems like the motivational stories where people have got a VS after loads of ACs don't really calm me because that means they improved while I am going backwards and that is the problem.
You are not going backwards though - you are still getting assessment centres/interview invites, and to me this is a positive outcome, especially if you secured six. It just sounds like you need to work on any feedback areas you have been advised of from these recruitment processes.

Reactions: FM302989

A worried final year

Esteemed Member
Mar 25, 2024
Getting ACs means that you’re doing something very right.

At that point it’s a combination of commercial awareness , interview skills and luck.

Also consider the firm you are going for as some have different criteria and might be easier/harder for you.

lucy2002

Standard Member
Apr 10, 2024
You are not going backwards though - you are still getting assessment centres/interview invites, and to me this is a positive outcome, especially if you secured six. It just sounds like you need to work on any feedback areas you have been advised of from these recruitment processes.
The feedback has either been that I was good and just missed out or that I didn't do very well on something which I knew I'd messed up because of nerves (something different each time, think it might be that I frequently mess up the final part of the day) so i don't really know where to go with it

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.