TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

desperateTCseeker1998

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
Yeah pretty sure there were. And there were VIs and subsequently like 6 ACs so definitely quite a few people got invited at least to the test
That’s great, thanks!!! Wish firms would send all their tests/VI/AC invites out at once, my heart sinks everytime I see people post they’ve got one when I’m waiting

Feb 16, 2024
From PMC: "What improvements would you make to Penningtons Manches Cooper as a Trainee and why?"

Does anyone else not fully understand this question? Does it mean what would you do whilst working as a trainee to make PMC better? or does it mean what would you do to make life as a PMC Trainee better?

Am rather perplexed.

A worried final year

Esteemed Member
Mar 25, 2024
From PMC: "What improvements would you make to Penningtons Manches Cooper as a Trainee and why?"

Does anyone else not fully understand this question? Does it mean what would you do whilst working as a trainee to make PMC better? or does it mean what would you do to make life as a PMC Trainee better?

Am rather perplexed.
I’d email grad rec

• Dislike
Reactions: trainee2025

MixxB

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 6, 2022

Am rather perplexed.
I’d link it to one of their values/initiative, say why it aligns with you and what you’d do

Mxxb

Apr 11, 2024
Hi everyone- I cant believe I’m writing this, but I’ve been offered a TC at a TME and private client firm (not sure if I can say where yet)!!! 🥳

Might be cliché, but I will say that it’s so important to keep persevering. I’ve engaged in so many widening participation schemes and volunteered at every opportunity.

Given my dyslexia and care-experience, the journey hasn’t always been easy. I specifically mention this as I’m passionate about widening participation, so feel free to message me. I really want people with a similar background to me to feel confident in themselves and understand their value!!

Stay motivated and focused- I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

aloluk83

Apr 8, 2024
Hi everyone, I received a tc offer from a firm a couple of weeks ago and I sent the necessary docs, I followed up about the contract and offer documentation on Monday this week and they said they would send it later on in the day or the following day (so Monday or Tuesday) but I haven't received anything yet. Should I chase them up again or just wait?

random6035

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 21, 2024
Also my application for Baker on cvmail says "details locked" under anonymity, when I know it usually says "not anonymous". Can anyone advise on what is happening please I'm actually so stressed that I worked on the app for the firm to not even get it 😭

• ℹ️
Reactions: mindlesshistory

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.