TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Does anyone know if you have applied to Winston, taken the WG, but not been invited to the first set of interviews, is it likely to be a PFO. Or, do they conduct multiple rounds of interviews?

mx.jsn

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 1, 2023
    I was recently invited to the Stephenson Harwood interactive assessment, and on the email it states that the deadline is "midnight on Tuesday 16 April 2024".

Does anyone know whether midnight would be considered the start of the day (i.e 10 hours from now) or the end of the day tomorrow? I've emailed grad rec but have not yet received a response.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Marissa

hkulsk2021

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 11, 2022
    I just got an AC invite for Accutrainee, would appreciate any insight into potential questions they may have!

I am not sure what to expect for the commercial awareness exercise and the presentation. Please message me through DM if you can help :)

I had interviews/ AC/ VS with some law firms before, happy to share my experiences too!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and missingh

AlegalA

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 4, 2023
    honestly🤣 like should i just take it as a pfo at this point?? aside from one person i haven't heard of anyone who applied for the summer vs getting an interview! someone also said that grad rec said they're taking a longer time than usual to reply to candidates though, so idk
    Right? It's been two months... surely they could have said something. I'm the same I've heard from one person, everyone else has gotten PFOs, which again is confusing cause if they've sent PFOs little by little, are we still in the running?
    I applied last year, and got a pfo really early April so I'm not too sure what's going on...

• 🤝
    Reactions: VMS and searchingforaTC

Lalis

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 30, 2020
    I did it for the vacation scheme and did not have to complete a video interview at that stage, however I am unsure what the process is for direct TC
    Thank youuu ! yea I see the STJ invite said next stage after the test will be TI which they will cover motivation. I found someone mentioned early March on the forum about 500-word motivation question in the test so unsure if that can be a case 😅

km_bntn

Oct 31, 2023
    I got phoned and have been offered a spot on the summer VS for NRF!

I’d like to thank the community for their support and extend my thanks to TCLA for being able to bring together people who are striving to become better in an extremely competitive environment. It’s been very nice and rare that I’ve been able to find people who come together as a community and not view each other as competition 😌

This forum has always been a helpful platform for guidance and comfort and would like to thank everyone for their time in answering my queries and concerns.

Last edited:

legal1803

Feb 17, 2024
    I was recently invited to the Stephenson Harwood interactive assessment, and on the email it states that the deadline is "midnight on Tuesday 16 April 2024".

Does anyone know whether midnight would be considered the start of the day (i.e 10 hours from now) or the end of the day tomorrow? I've emailed grad rec but have not yet received a response.
    I think it means end of the day tomorrow. It would make the most sense especially since they sent the invite on the 9th so last Tuesday, giving a week to do it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.