General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMD

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

I was wondering whether anyone had any advice for Mishcon’s TC assessment day? (group activity and written exercise)

I would really appreciate any guidance no matter how trivial! Happy to share any information myself, I’ve completed a virtual vacation scheme this year and done a fair few interviews for reference :)

CarinaH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 16, 2020
I joined the forum to ask some questions about the next cycle or some last minute apps, but have just been offered a TC with my dream MC firm. I feel like I’m in shock and it hasn’t quite registered yet. Just for context, I’m an international applicant from a low socio-economic background. This was my second cycle, but I had to take time off between school and uni to work first, so I’m not a recent graduate. Rare didn’t cover my circumstances, so I often fell through the cracks in that end. If anyone is an international applicant and has any questions at all, I’m happy to help if I can. I really hope this summer is filled with good news for everyone!

• 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: cgs97, Eva, ibs97 and 33 others

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I joined the forum to ask some questions about the next cycle or some last minute apps, but have just been offered a TC with my dream MC firm. I feel like I’m in shock and it hasn’t quite registered yet. Just for context, I’m an international applicant from a low socio-economic background. This was my second cycle, but I had to take time off between school and uni to work first, so I’m not a recent graduate. Rare didn’t cover my circumstances, so I often fell through the cracks in that end. If anyone is an international applicant and has any questions at all, I’m happy to help if I can. I really hope this summer is filled with good news for everyone!

Congratulations!

• 🤝
Reactions: CarinaH

EA

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020

Congratulations! I really love to know if being an international applicant made any significant difference in your application process and ultimately in securing the TC.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Huge congratulations!! Well done! :) :)

• 🤝
Reactions: CarinaH

NCLaw

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 5, 2018
Has anyone heard back yet from Boodle Hatfield, Penningtons or Lewis Silkin?

I received an email from Lewis Silkin saying that if we have been shortlisted, we will know by 29 July. Does that mean if they don’t shortlist us we just won’t hear back?

AY

Mar 2, 2020
Rejected post assessment centre for mid market/upper mid market firm. Sucks that I can’t put down the vacation scheme on my CV because it got cancelled. Guess it’s back to square one with applications. Is there any way I could put it down on an application that I did get a vacation scheme and it was cancelled or will it look weird?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Rejected post assessment centre for mid market/upper mid market firm. Sucks that I can’t put down the vacation scheme on my CV because it got cancelled. Guess it’s back to square one with applications. Is there anyway I could put it down on an application that I did get a vacation scheme and it was cancelled or will it look weird?

You could put it in an extra information section as simply as: I secured a two week summer internship with Job Bloggs LLP in 2020, which was unfortunately cancelled due to Covid-19

Reactions: Miki3999, Alice G and AY

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Anyone know when BCLP is responding to candidates re the direct TC?

I got rejected today for BCLP's Brand Ambassador position. I did not hear back yet for the TC, nor do I know anyone who has. I did apply pretty late in the app, their app was open in April and I applied after my exams were finished months later. (Not sure if the BA position has impacted the TC app haha). Also with BCLP, I had the opportunity to apply for both the BA and TC at the same time, which makes me think the processes are reviewed separately, since I have not heard back for the TC. Good luck!

Reactions: W
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.