Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hey sorry about the rejection ! I think there benchmark is quite high ! Can I just ask when you completed the WG I’m still waiting to hear back.. did you actually receive a rejection on a Saturday thought the weekend was a safe haven??
Also just received a rejection from Dentons, does anyone know their benchmark? So gutted as I was confident all my answers were correct! :(

Hi both! Sorry to hear that, Sarah. I think Dentons' benchmark is 75th percentile. I heard from my friends that they heard back about a week after completing the test that they didn't pass it.

Hope this helps!

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Guys I have an email for an interview at Shearman but submitted last night. Is this a mistake? I’m really worried it is but don’t want to call them!

S30

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2019
Guys I have an email for an interview at Shearman but submitted last night. Is this a mistake? I’m really worried it is but don’t want to call them!

Just give the graduate recruitment a email just to confirm this, as you would not want a wasted journey.

But I am sure it is correct!

Reactions: Jay-Lo

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just give the graduate recruitment a email just to confirm this, as you would not want a wasted journey.

But I am sure it is correct!
Have they given you any dates? Given their deadline was yesterday evening I find it unlikely but you never know...

It allowed me to select a slot- their first available one was this Wednesday and then the rest are next week. I selected Tuesday and it looks as though someone else had made a selection as well because there are two interviews per day. I really hope it’s not an error!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    It allowed me to select a slot- their first available one was this Wednesday and then the rest are next week. I selected Tuesday and it looks as though someone else had made a selection as well because there are two interviews per day. I really hope it’s not an error!
    If they are allowing you to select a slot then I imagine it's legitimate! Congratulations but they haven't given you much time to prepare have they!

Reactions: Alice G

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019

It is possible it could have been an error if the deadline was yesterday, but you never know! May be it's best to call or email the graduate recruitment to keep your mind at rest! :)

Best of luck!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    If they are allowing you to select a slot then I imagine it's legitimate! Congratulations but they haven't given you much time to prepare have they!

I’m honestly in shock and don’t really want to believe it until I get a follow up email maybe? Thank you though!

I’ve just heard about people getting invited by mistake that’s all! Yeah I have a week so hopefully I can prepare well! I had a HL AC which I’m sure hasn’t gone well given it was last Tuesday so just hoping I can have my feedback from that in time!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I’m honestly in shock and don’t really want to believe it until I get a follow up email maybe? Thank you though!

I’ve just heard about people getting invited by mistake that’s all! Yeah I have a week so hopefully I can prepare well! I had a HL AC which I’m sure hasn’t gone well given it was last Tuesday so just hoping I can have my feedback from that in time!
    I'd email them to get in contact with them - I personally would want to put out of my misery on that front haha. I'm sure if you contact HL after they've let you know, they'll be more than happy to book in a feedback call :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Excellent news, well done! Great firm.

I doubt this was a mistake; I presume they were just reviewing apps the next day and thought yours was very strong!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Excellent news, well done! Great firm.

I doubt this was a mistake; I presume they were just reviewing apps the next day and thought yours was very strong!

Thank you so much Jaysen!

The portal looks correct and tried to call Paul who is the recruitment manager but I couldn’t get through. Do you think I should email to check or just leave it? Not sure what to do for the best! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.