General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    does anyone know around what time firms generally hold open days? I want to go to some but worried I'll miss out if they're all in nov/dec because i'm at risk for coronavirus :( (wish I could go to Baker McKenzie's but they're all this month!!!)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    does anyone know around what time firms generally hold open days? I want to go to some but worried I'll miss out if they're all in nov/dec because i'm at risk for coronavirus :( (wish I could go to Baker McKenzie's but they're all this month!!!)

most will be virtual anyway - at least until Jan/Feb

Reactions: Kablahc

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Ohhhh I really hope so!! I didn't apply for BmcK's because it seemed like they were in person, I'll check if most firms have gone virtual now then
    They don’t sound like they’ll be virtual from their website but I saw them advertised on Legal Cheek saying they were virtual!

Reactions: Kablahc

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Was hoping for some news on my birthday today (very sad), but my inbox has remained quiet. Has anyone heard from Latham, White & Case or AG yet?

Promise this is the last time I’ll ask.

Happy birthday! My friend received an interview rejection on his birthday which is just awful!. Try not to look at your email today and enjoy your day :)

tylergab

Junior Lawyer
    Sep 7, 2018
    Really loved the newsletter from yesterday so thought I would share my small piece for anyone that needs abit of motivation in general for the new cycle!

Just over a month ago I was offered a TC with my dream silver circle firm which was my last application out last cycle (I honestly couldn’t have been more thankful and grateful). 3 mins before my final interview I received a rejection call from another firm I had done a ‘online vac scheme’ with and burst into tears (slightly because I wished I hadn’t answered the call). I’m 23 and those were my last two apps I had out last cycle so that call really convinced me a TC probably wasn’t going to happen for me.

Fast forward to now I’ll be starting the LPC with a LLM next Monday (as they put me in a earlier cohort) and I promise you a month ago I would have never have guessed when I started my final round interview with literal tears in my eyes that this is how I would be starting September. So just wanted to say you’ll be surprised how quickly life can switch for you and I commend everyone that is able to tell their story in the most motivational way because for me getting a TC was one of the toughest and testing processes but if you were looking for a sign not to give up this is it, everything will happen for you and I hope you don’t give up on yourself!

Wishing you all the best for this app season:)

Tyler

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Was hoping for some news on my birthday today (very sad), but my inbox has remained quiet. Has anyone heard from Latham, White & Case or AG yet?

Promise this is the last time I’ll ask.

I have mixed feelings about you using TCLA on your birthday :p. I hope you manage to take some time for yourself and away from the application process!

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Hi everyone! I'm in a pickle - I applied to the Linklaters direct TC and I have yet to hear from them, but if they reject me, I want to apply to the winter vac scheme. However, they are already accepting applications for the winter vac scheme, and I am yet to find out the outcome of my first app - what can I do?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone! I'm in a pickle - I applied to the Linklaters direct TC and I have yet to hear from them, but if they reject me, I want to apply to the winter vac scheme. However, they are already accepting applications for the winter vac scheme, and I am yet to find out the outcome of my first app - what can I do?

The wording on their website (unfortunately):

Please only apply for either a vacation scheme or a training contract at any one time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.