General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

hktr

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 10, 2019
I'm in literal tears. Made the brutal mistake of assuming Ashurst's deadline was 12pm tonight rather than midnight. Spent four days on the application and really felt there was a strong chance of interview..

What a shame! Try not to beat yourself too much about this - it happens sometimes and there are still plenty of firms out there.

• 🤝
Reactions: Jaysen

cgs97

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I'm in literal tears. Made the brutal mistake of assuming Ashurst's deadline was 12pm tonight rather than midday. Spent four days on the application and really felt there was a strong chance of interview..

Like bel123456 said, submit it for the summer vac! Not to be too cheesy, but I'm very much an 'everything happens for a reason' kind of person, so you never know, something better suited for you may come along or the summer application may be your shot! Pick yourself up and turn this into a positive and a learning curve, we've all been there :)

Mxkry

Legendary Member
Oct 13, 2020
then send the app in for the summer vac/direct TC instead!

Like bel123456 said, submit it for the summer vac! Not to be too cheesy, but I'm very much an 'everything happens for a reason' kind of person, so you never know, something better suited for you may come along or the summer application may be your shot! Pick yourself up and turn this into a positive and a learning curve, we've all been there :)

Appreciate these messages and will definitely be applying for the summer vacation scheme instead (though it does impact when I can start a potential TC)

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi- I am stuck on the question of ‘tell us about your responsibilities outside of work and study’
Can this include volunteering? It wasn’t like everyone was depending on me or anything, so doesn’t really seem like a big position of responsibility - and neither my interests in sports.

the other things I can think about is being an ambassador for my university’s society, although I feel this is too generic and I don’t really have much to say :/

also, with this question - is it necessary to link back to the firm(if there’s another question asking about the firm)

D

Deleted member 5185

Has anyone had a rejection from White and Case’s direct TC app yet? I feel like mine is probably lost in translation, since I applied in April, but I am still holding out a tiny dot of hope. I cannot bring myself to make any more applications tbh, I still have a bit of trauma from the last cycle of rejection o_O.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ifmhouse4

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Has anyone had a rejection from White and Case’s direct TC app yet? I feel like mine is probably lost in translation, since I applied in April, but I am still holding out a tiny dot of hope. I cannot bring myself to make any more applications tbh, I still have a bit of trauma from the last cycle of rejection o_O.
    I haven’t had a response re my Tc application yet. Although I’ve since updated my application with a new role so expected a wait

• 🤝
    Reactions: Deleted member 5185
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.