Herbert Smith Freehills App

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Just got an email after completing the test saying 'Your application is currently under review and we will be in touch after the deadline to advise on the outcome of your application'.

Does that mean I met there benchmark?

I just got this email too. Can someone confirm whether that means I've passed their test and my application will be reviewed by Grad Rec?

Don't want to have a sigh of relief if that's not the case haha.

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Just got this email:

Thank you for submitting your application to Herbert Smith Freehills and completing our online test.

I can confirm that you have reached the benchmark on our online test and your application is now under review. We will be in touch regarding the outcome of your application after the deadline.

Ahh, thank god. Probably the first test I've passed in a LONG time for a law-firm haha.

For anyone that's waiting:
  • Sat the test at 3am today (don't ask lol).
  • Received confirmation I completed the assessment along with my report straight away.
  • Received the email 'Your application is currently under review and we will be in touch after the deadline to advise on the outcome of your application' at 5:10pm.
  • Received the above email at 5:21pm.

Good luck all!

D

Deleted member 8341

Does anyone know what percentage of people pass the test. I just passed, its the first test I've ever done and just wondering what to make of me passing it, seems like more passes than fails from what I've been reading online.

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2020
Hi guys :)

I've received my test link and plan to complete it within the next few days. I note the test is not timed, however, the time taken will be recorded and considered when scoring. For people that have met the benchmark, how long roughly did it take you to complete the test? I don't want to rush and misread something, but I also appreciate they will be looking at the time on the clock.

Thanks!

Reactions: Zaynah

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    Hi, I saw on the practice test that the personality questionnaire is not timed, can someone who's already done the test please confirm this?

I think the whole thing is timed from start to finish

You have much time as you'd like to complete it and there is no timer on the screen, but i think the firm records your time in the background

Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Hi all! I got the same “you have met the benchmark” email.

Has anyone heard anything from them since? Applications should be well closed by now, wondering if anyone has been contacted for any further assessment/rejection?

Congrats!

I don't think we'll hear anything for another 1-2 weeks given that candidates have 7 days (even if they applied on deadline day) to sit the test and applications only closed last week.

I applied for Spring so Summer applicants may be even in for a longer wait.

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB and MariSierra

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    :D
    Congrats!

I don't think we'll hear anything for another 1-2 weeks given that candidates have 7 days (even if they applied on deadline day) to sit the test and applications only closed last week.

I applied for Spring so Summer applicants may be even in for a longer wait.

Aha thanks! So easy to be impatient when you’re waiting for your outcome :D but as long as they’re not sending out interviews left, right and centre to everyone else it doesn’t mean much either way

MariSierra

Oct 2, 2020
    I would love to kno as well!

Hi, it's definitely a standard verbal reasoning assessment! I did mine a week ago. For the first part (the SJT), I used this quiz https://careers.herbertsmithfreehills.com/uk/grads/apply and focus on the feedback as they roughly tell you what they are looking for. For the second part (the personality test), just try and be really honest. For the verbal reasoning test, I would say that the test isn't super challenging, but requires you to pay attention to the wording of the texts and questions. I practiced with some free verbal reasoning tests online. I have to say that the practice test (test https://sovaonline.com/register/WIHcCpMVrqrnapSMrYGjGapFqfih8pVcP6cVQmylkiM) is identical (in format) to actual test.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.