Herbert Smith Freehills App

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
Also been rejected, post application review. Really disappointed as they were my favourite firm and I think my strongest/most authentic application... no clue where I fell down. I had passed the test benchmark by the way. Don’t know what to do now :(
It will be a blessing in disguise don’t worry! I’m sure this will mean you find a firm you’re more suited to. Don’t give up hope on your other applications!

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Also been rejected, post application review. Really disappointed as they were my favourite firm and I think my strongest/most authentic application... no clue where I fell down. I had passed the test benchmark by the way. Don’t know what to do now :(
Me too friend, don’t worry brush yourself off and carry on.. a better firm will give you a TC offer soon I’m sure! All the best :)

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020

Also received a rejection from HSF’s spring scheme after passing the test :( it was also my favourite firm. I submitted a great app as well.. oh wells

So sorry to hear! Can i ask when you applied and when you received these emails? Wishing you the best of luck in your other applications :)

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    HSF is truly one of the toughest firms to get an AC and even their online test can be super hit or miss with most people. Hope everyone manages to just take some time off from apps these next few days. I know it always took me days to recover from rejections from firms I really liked but I always believed and still do believe its only a matter of time before a firm that sees your value comes along. Sending all my love and support guys, rejections just means there's better waiting out there for you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.