Reed Smith Post SJT

Halima Ramjan

Premium Member
Feb 24, 2020
I just received the following from GR ''We are still in the process of reviewing your research question answers - thank you for your patience.

Please note, if you are successful at the research question stage, the vacation scheme interviews will take place w/c 15th and 22nd February. So I am assuming we should hear back in the next 2/3 weeks.
I have just received the same email!

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I received one to say they had not received my answers even though I sent them in December! Feverishly re-sending them now...
    jim carrey typing GIF

• Haha
    Reactions: Ricky and Lisa Lowe

Donzi

Star Member
    Mar 9, 2019
    Guys, do not re-submit your questions as you might cause further confusion. A few months ago, I also received the same email after submitted my answers weeks before. RS graduate recruitment team emailed me on their own accord to inform me to not re-submit the questions as the subsequent email was only intended for candidates who had not yet submitted their answers. Therefore, there was some error on their side.

Everything is on email, so do not worry! Be patient. I did not re-submit mine, and I have just received confirmation that my app is being reviewed.

Reactions: Ricky

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    I just received the following from GR ''We are still in the process of reviewing your research question answers - thank you for your patience.

Please note, if you are successful at the research question stage, the vacation scheme interviews will take place w/c 15th and 22nd February. So I am assuming we should hear back in the next 2/3 weeks.
    Same

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Guys, do not re-submit your questions as you might cause further confusion. A few months ago, I also received the same email after submitted my answers weeks before. RS graduate recruitment team emailed me on their own accord to inform me to not re-submit the questions as the subsequent email was only intended for candidates who had not yet submitted their answers. Therefore, there was some error on their side.

Everything is on email, so do not worry! Be patient. I did not re-submit mine, and I have just received confirmation that my app is being reviewed.
    What worries me is that some people have received the "please be patient" email while others have received the "we haven't received your answers" email. I get what you're saying but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Reactions: Veep9

Lisa Lowe

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 26, 2019
    Yes - I just replied to the ‘final reminder’ email stating I’d previously submitted my answers and attached my answers with a copy of the original submission email.
    I also tried ringing but no answer.

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    The fact that they might've lost ours and they might be in the bottom of the pile stresses me out. I submitted mine in mid December which was way before the deadline of even applying - pretty annoying if I'm not being considered due to something that was in no way my fault. Has anyone tried to contact them by phone? I think a load of ours got accidentally deleted or our email is automatically going in their Junk - I wish they would email and say they've received them.

Reactions: Kubed and Veep9

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    The fact that they might've lost ours and they might be in the bottom of the pile stresses me out. I submitted mine in mid December which was way before the deadline of even applying - pretty annoying if I'm not being considered due to something that was in no way my fault. Has anyone tried to contact them by phone? I think a load of ours got accidentally deleted or our email is automatically going in their Junk - I wish they would email and say they've received them.
    I tried ringing and got Holly Allen’s mobile number through her voicemail welcome message. For some reason, that feels like it would be overstepping so I’m not sure whether to call

Lisa Lowe

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 26, 2019
    I just tried called - was put through to grad rec and that went straight to voice mail. Looks like they are not taking calls. V. frustrating, as applied for and attended the open day, and like everyone else completed two round of written questions and the SJT, so it's disappointing my app may not be read.

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I just tried called - was put through to grad rec and that went straight to voice mail. Looks like they are not taking calls. V. frustrating, as applied for and attended the open day, and like everyone else completed two round of written questions and the SJT, so it's disappointing my app may not be read.
    I tried ringing and got Holly Allen’s mobile number through her voicemail welcome message. For some reason, that feels like it would be overstepping so I’m not sure whether to call
    Did either of you end up getting through? I was hoping they might send a message out today but it seems not - not sure whether to call tomorrow.

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Did either of you end up getting through? I was hoping they might send a message out today but it seems not - not sure whether to call tomorrow.
    I rang Holly’s mobile, got voicemail, didn’t leave a message. I am so frustrated. I hope it’s just a mixup. I’m also taking solace in the fact that they seem to be reviewing all answers before inviting to AC so whether they see our emails from Dec or yesterday, it will be counted.

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Just got this:

I apologise if there has been any confusion with your submission. A system error has meant some individuals have received an email suggesting their questions were not received when they actually were.

I can confirm that we have received your response and it has been successfully uploaded.

If you never received the above notice, please disregard this email.

Reactions: Lisa Lowe and Kubed

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Just got this:

I apologise if there has been any confusion with your submission. A system error has meant some individuals have received an email suggesting their questions were not received when they actually were.

I can confirm that we have received your response and it has been successfully uploaded.

If you never received the above notice, please disregard this email.
    Yes me too! Well at least it clarifies things.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.