Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Government Legal Department TC offer!! Can't believe it 😭😭😭
Amazing news! Congratulations 🥳

Way To Go Reaction GIF

thefutureladylawyer

Star Member
Jul 14, 2022
Does anyone have any experience or insight regarding studying the LPC online (at either uni of law or BPP) compared to in person? I am considering studying the LPC online to save on tuition costs and travel expenses but I am worried that my learning experience could be negatively impacted. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
I did the LPC online at the University of Law and the Tuition Fees were exactly the same as for on Campus. I wish I had applied to do the Course at Swansea University as it is close to home

WeRegretToInformYou

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
hello, i have a freshfields assessment day coming up. i just wanted to know how long does the firm give to accept tc offer as i hoped to do a winter scheme at a different firm (i have been fast tracked to assessment day for this other firm). thank you

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hello, i have a freshfields assessment day coming up. i just wanted to know how long does the firm give to accept tc offer as i hoped to do a winter scheme at a different firm (i have been fast tracked to assessment day for this other firm). thank you
Most likely it will only be four weeks or up until mid-September at best (which ever one comes later).

Reactions: WeRegretToInformYou

zizszhplum

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2022
I have a quick q - I have an upcoming online interview with Stephenson Harwood and I have been advised to look at trends for the practise area I am interested in as I could be tested. I am interested in marine and international trade - would it be sufficient to relate these to current global affairs and how they could affect the area of law or is that going in the wrong direction?

lawgrad2

Standard Member
Aug 12, 2022
congrats !! just curious when did u apply? just a bit worried because when I looked on workday after submitting my application, the application questions didn’t show up on the form!
Thank you :) I applied around 3 days before the deadline. I just checked my submitted application and the application questions don't appear for me too - only my basic information and CV

Reactions: babylawyer

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
NRF rejection - finally! I know it sounds weird but love getting the PFO after such a long wait. Can finally move on!

They wrote, ‘your application has been read with interest but unfortunately we are unable to offer you an interview on this occasion.’

Does that mean it’s worth reapplying in the next cycle or is this the usual generic PFO?

Last edited:

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
NRF rejection - finally! I know it sounds weird but love getting the PFO after such a long wait.

They wrote, ‘your application has been read with interest but unfortunately we are unable to offer you an interview on this occasion.’

Does that mean it’s worth reapplying in the next cycle or is this the usual generic PFO?
Same email so usual generic PFO

• ℹ️
Reactions: Adrian_S

Mae East

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2022
Hi! Stephenson Harwood said it will be a structured 45 minute interview with HR team, do you know what I can expect in this structured interview generally? Does it mean that this will include all types of motivation/competency/ stregth/ commercial awareness all in the same bus? Would it be wise to ask the firm who will be my interviewer beforehand? maybe @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! Stephenson Harwood said it will be a structured 45 minute interview with HR team, do you know what I can expect in this structured interview generally? Does it mean that this will include all types of motivation/competency/ stregth/ commercial awareness all in the same bus? Would it be wise to ask the firm who will be my interviewer beforehand? maybe @Jessica Booker
I think if it is with the HR team, there isn't really any need to know who your interviewer is.

"Structured" unfortunately doesn't really define the interview as such. It could be a mixture of any of the types of questions you have mentioned (competency/motivation/strengths/commercial awareness and other things like scenario-based questions too). It just sounds like its probably quite a defined interview and that candidates are assessed quite consistently through. From what I can see online, I think it sounds like it will be a bit about describing your journey (why you have made the choices you have), why law/why the firm, and then some competency questions. It might be worthwhile preparing competency answer that would cover the following qualities/competencies given they are mentioned on their website:

1660741808961.png

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.