TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyAndo

Premium Member
Jun 22, 2022
Another day of waiting for a response from Hogan Lovells and Travers Smith. Happy new month all
Anyone heard anything from HL? Sorry for asking so many times haha
I emailed HL graduate recruitment and they got back to me saying that they are still reviewing applications and will come back to us within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be positive news for us all! Good luck everyone 🤞

Reactions: traineedreamer

SarahO

Standard Member
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2020
I emailed HL graduate recruitment and they got back to me saying that they are still reviewing applications and will come back to us within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be positive news for us all! Good luck everyone 🤞
Mo gbe! Next couple of weeks still? I am going to have to take my mind off it before I lose it 🤣😭

IJ6238

Feb 17, 2021
Congrats for the interview invite! Just wondering if you had your interview already if you did how did it go and was it in person? I havent heard back yet so I'm guessing it's a rejection but still wondering how it went for you :))
If it helps I think they are still running interviews into next week. Received a call yesterday so still hope!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi I am looking for advice on my training contract application it only includes 2 questions:

1. Please list any other relevant skills, experience or qualities and explain how these would be of advantage in a traineeship at X
2. Please explain what you consider distinguishes you as a potential Trainee with X and why you would be an asset to our firm.

Both are capped at 150 words. I am an aspiring energy solicitor (renewables) and this is one of the firm's strengths plus their client base. With a short word count I don't know the best way to approach the questions. Should I focus on one or two skills and detail my experience via STAR? Any advice would be greatly welcomed including how you have dissected each questions to me 1 means core skills of a trainee and 2 my unique selling point but I would warmly welcome other perspectives! @Jessica Booker
1)This is really good place to detail 2-3 skills or qualities you have gained that relate to those that a trainee should possess. I would avoid using STAR and instead list the skill/quality, detail how you developed it and how it's relevant to your role as a trainee.
2)This is indeed about your USP. The key here is to ensure that you pick attributes that are central to who you are as a person and connect it to your work at the firm as a trainee and beyond. If you say you are creative, talk about how you display your creativity and why the firm would benefit by it.

Reactions: Jaysen and erin1009

erin1009

• Feb 10, 2022
    1)This is really good place to detail 2-3 skills or qualities you have gained that relate to those that a trainee should possess. I would avoid using STAR and instead list the skill/quality, detail how you developed it and how it's relevant to your role as a trainee.
    2)This is indeed about your USP. The key here is to ensure that you pick attributes that are central to who you are as a person and connect it to your work at the firm as a trainee and beyond. If you say you are creative, talk about how you display your creativity and why the firm would benefit by it.
    Thank you so much! @AvniD Will take your help on board while drafting my answers! :)🙏

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    hello , is there a page on tcla on how to prepare for an interview on an article ? i can find one on mock case studies but not for article interview. thankyou
    Not a page, but here are some posts with advice:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    L&W TC! Thank you everyone for all the advice.
    Amazing news! Congratulations!

Clapping Applause GIF

Reactions: Jedward87
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.