TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvesmentBanker

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
May 26, 2023
I had a thought recently: do you think graduate recruitment do not take mitigating circumstances seriously anymore because most candidates who do not meet the grade threshold probably cite such reasons as the cause? Without a doubt, many candidates have mitigating circumstances... but I have a feeling a lot of candidates exploit this section. I wonder if recruiters can distinguish the real from the fake.

Chouette

Star Member
Jan 14, 2023
Should we email them?
I think I did two years ago. Said they had many applications and will get back asap. Has anyone who searched through this forum found last years' timelines? Someone said here that last year people were getting responses in late August? What about other years? When were first positive email sent?

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
I had a thought recently: do you think graduate recruitment do not take mitigating circumstances seriously anymore because most candidates who do not meet the grade threshold probably cite such reasons as the cause? Without a doubt, many candidates have mitigating circumstances... but I have a feeling a lot of candidates exploit this section. I wonder if recruiters can distinguish the real from the fake.
Interested in responses to this. I have autism which I think means the WG is almost impossible for me to do very well in, cf. Arctic Shores. I wonder if a firm may be inclined to look for other reasons to reject you if you rely on mitigating circumstances. The reason I don’t use them is because I worry that you may be seen as someone who makes excuses and might be a liability to the firm. I’d like to know how much neurodiversity there is at Trainee, Associate and Partnership level. I get attitudes and policies towards this stuff was different when the current Partners were trainees or articled clerks or whatever, but I worry it counts against you.

InvesmentBanker

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
May 26, 2023
Interested in responses to this. I have autism which I think means the WG is almost impossible for me to do very well in, cf. Arctic Shores. I wonder if a firm may be inclined to look for other reasons to reject you if you rely on mitigating circumstances. The reason I don’t use them is because I worry that you may be seen as someone who makes excuses and might be a liability to the firm. I’d like to know how much neurodiversity there is at Trainee, Associate and Partnership level. I get attitudes and policies towards this stuff was different when the current Partners were trainees or articled clerks or whatever, but I worry it counts against you.
Really interesting points... I would be surprised if they look at you as someone who makes excuses because there are people who genuinely have mcfs and so it would be unfair to judge them in that manner. As for neurodiversity, I think awareness is rapidly increasing - a lot of firms have neurodiversity networks.

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
I think I did two years ago. Said they had many applications and will get back asap. Has anyone who searched through this forum found last years' timelines? Someone said here that last year people were getting responses in late August? What about other years? When were first positive email sent?
For last year it was somewhere between 1st and 20th August. For previous years I have no idea. Is there a possibility W&C fills all spots from VS?

Reactions: Tintin06

legallybrunette1

Standard Member
Aug 9, 2023
Has anyone still not received a reply about their TLT Training Contract application? I think the deadline was 31 May so I’m assuming that I wasn’t successful bur I’ve not heard anything. And I can’t find a graduation recruitment email to follow up.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I applied for WFW, on the deadline, received VI invite a couple of days later, completed it that day and haven't heard anything since.

How long does it take WFW to invite to AC?

AlarmedBookkeeper448

Premium Member
  • Dec 18, 2019
    Hello :)

came across this and thought some people might be interested - I think it is for those who have already completed their LPC/SQE (or will receive results by Jan 2024). The TC will commence Jan 2024, the application form is not too daunting :) (I don't know the firm but a friend sent it over)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.