1. Drafting exercise
a. Responding to a letter
2. Interview with HR and Senior Lawyer
- Why law?
- Why Orrick?
- Why do you think are Orrick’s competitors? And who else have you applied to
- What qualities do you believe are important for a lawyer and what have you done?
- What are the biggest challenges facing the legal sector and how do you find out information about that
- also how have clients changed and their expectations apart from innovation etc?
- When have you demonstrated qualities like resilience and organisation and those qualities that are essential to being a lawyer?
- When have you worked in a team where others contributed and what was their contribution? what were your own?
- When has a deadline changed and how did you deal with that and why did that come about
- When did you have to convince someone or a group to go your direction and were there any difficult members?
- If you hosted a dinner who would you invite? (dead/alive)
- How would your friends describe you in 3 words?
- Three party negotiation in teams of 3
4. Lots of sessions to talk and network
- Day was 9.30am-6.30pm
- Friendly lawyers