TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoB123

Feb 28, 2022
Hi all - does anyone know how many interviews there are for the Stephenson Harwood VS process? I have done the critical reasoning test and have been invited to a 'first interview' - does anyone know what this entails or whether there is another interview that follows this one? Any insight/help would be great! :)

tt_xo

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 20, 2020
Hi all - does anyone know how many interviews there are for the Stephenson Harwood VS process? I have done the critical reasoning test and have been invited to a 'first interview' - does anyone know what this entails or whether there is another interview that follows this one? Any insight/help would be great! :)
There is only one interview. Its a case study after the interview

Reactions: GeoB123 and OB

rightletsdothis

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 30, 2022
    There's a difference between percentile and percentage, which might explain this. It is possible you could have still scored 80% in the firm's WG test and been 30th percentile. That would be because 70% of people happened to score better than 80% on the test.

From my experience, firms don't tell you what percentage you actually scored on the test - only how you ranked in comparison to others. So there is no way to know what percentage of questions you answered correctly, whereas most practice tests will tell you your actual percentage.

Hope that makes sense lol lots of percentages
    Gotchya haha. I honestly have got to the point I just don’t apply to firms that ask for the Watson Glasser anymore

unserious candidate

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
  • Nov 7, 2021
    case study invite for Mishcon! does anyone know what this entails or how to prepare?? never done a case study before.
    I just finished mine a few moments ago.
    don't waste your time preparing any why mishcon/why law/competencies/ or even questions to ask your interviewer.

you essentially give a 10 min presentation answering the 3 questions on the case. then you have 20 mins where the interviewer asks you questions to expand on each of those 3 questions.
    it's quite straight forward, there are no curve balls 0 just thinking about benefits and risks, and analysing a balance sheet. felt more like a Strat consulting interview than a law interview - no legal knowledge required whatsoever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.