TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Would it be unwise to ask questions in an AC interview regarding the firms recent redundancies? The firm asked us not to mention it in the Q&A with trainees on the open day - I wonder if it would be respected or better left unsaid
I personally would not ask this just to be on the safer side and if they said to not mention it in the open day already, it is definitely a no in the assessment centre.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi @Jessica Booker - I have an AC on Monday Morning (in-person) but I'm not feeling well atm. Would it be best to let the firm know now or wait it out over the weekend? I don't want to miss out on doing the AC but I also don't think it fair to GR if I cancel at the last minute...
I would email today or tomorrow as you also need to give them time to reply and reschedule if possible, the later you do this, the later it will be harder for them to do in my opinion.

trackstar1364

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2023
@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre and anyone else that could offer advice:

I've been lucky enough to receive vacation schemes at both Skadden and Weil. I've already booked my spring scheme for Skadden and found out today that I got on the Weil spring scheme.

The GR at Weil told me that they could move me to summer, but they would prefer it if I completed the Spring scheme; because of this, I am considering asking Skadden if I could be moved to a summer scheme.

How do I go about asking Skadden if I could potentially be moved from the Spring scheme to a Summer one?

These are both firms that I am highly interested in, but want to ensure that I am not negatively interacting with the firms/they understand that I am not choosing one over the other.

Do let me know and I appreciate any advice anyone has <3

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre and anyone else that could offer advice:

I've been lucky enough to receive vacation schemes at both Skadden and Weil. I've already booked my spring scheme for Skadden and found out today that I got on the Weil spring scheme.

The GR at Weil told me that they could move me to summer, but they would prefer it if I completed the Spring scheme; because of this, I am considering asking Skadden if I could be moved to a summer scheme.

How do I go about asking Skadden if I could potentially be moved from the Spring scheme to a Summer one?

These are both firms that I am highly interested in, but want to ensure that I am not negatively interacting with the firms/they understand that I am not choosing one over the other.

Do let me know and I appreciate any advice anyone has <3
What a lovely problem to have!! Congrats 🥳

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.