TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

lawtrainee

Esteemed Member
Oct 22, 2023
In my experience to get a foot in the door is email your CV and create a short but sweet ‘cover letter’ style email about why you like the firm and why you think you’d be a fit. Best to target smaller firms. If one of them likes you, chances are they might have something for you. Only takes one :) and if it’s a small firm can build from there. Ik it sounds annoying when everyone on here are applying to VSs and TCs at huge firms, but this has been a successful method for literally all my friends who I did the law conversion with and can then move to a bigger firm w paralegal experience or can use it as legal experience for TCs. Hope that’s useful :)
Thank you so much, this is really helpful :)

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    Thanks for the replies! As a non-law student, I am struggling to apply to paralegal jobs given I have limited experience in commercial law. It is hard as law firms want legal experience, but to get this experience I need to already have had previous legal work. Apologies if this doesn't make sense and all advice welcomed!
    I’m a law as opposed to non-law but I would reach out to small firms in your area and ask about completing work experience with them. Mention your interest! It may be only a few days but it’s some experience 😊

SolicitorHopeful

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 24, 2022
    I was wondering if anyone has done the Mayer Brown job simulation exercise/would be able to share their experience? I have just received an invite so any tips/insight would be super helpful
    does anyone have any insight on the mayer brown job sim, eg. how many questions are there, what types of questions, how much time do you get to prepare for the video interview questions

Congratulations on reaching the next stage! When did you do the automatic test and when did you get the job simulation invite?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.