TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

NJS

Legendary Member
  • Aug 21, 2021
    Anyone heard back from NRF? I know some people have got a VI but other than that any updates? Or has anyone received a rejection? - still waiting to hear from them but not confident considering others have received a VI
    I've heard nothing and scored similar to others who have, I think they're just spacing it out, so not over to its over I guess

desperateTCseeker1998

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2023
    Hey, I just got a standard rejection email nearly 5 weeks after my Milbank AC and they’re refusing to provide individual feedback (which I think is ridiculous given the AC was nearly 6 hrs long and we completed 4 exercises). I don’t want to ask for a Subject Access Request straight away - how can i ask for feedback and mention the SAR without seeming too bothersome? Thank you :)
    Would also like to know. Think it's absolutely ridiculous that we did all those exercises, took time off work and travelled to the AC (which cost a fair chunk for me) to not even be given checkbox feedback. Will not be reapplying.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Thank you for all the helpful messages I'm receiving on the grades v extra-curriculars debate.

@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker I'm interested please to hear your thoughts on this too please? Would I be disadvantaged if I talk about my role of responsibility as something I completed in the past?
    I personally do not think you would be at all, as long as you manage to describe your experiences and the relevance of the skills you developed through them!

Reactions: addy2004

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
    Sep 13, 2023
    Oprah Winfrey Car GIF

"and YOU get a discount!"

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.