Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! The recruiter reached out to me after I submitted my work experience programme application and has asked for my most updated CV and suggested a phone call. I haven't been provided any other details so I will prepare for it as I would for a phone interview. I wanted to get your opinion on something else too -- the email subject line refers to the programme next month but the application I made was for a programme either in March or September. How can I best request for the September programme? I have classes and teachings in March so can't really go abroad for the w experience. Thank you!!
I would see how the process goes and then towards the end of the interview or after the interview follow up by email and say you'd like to be considered for September given you now have commitments for next month.

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Weightmans PFO
Tried to diversify my applications this year and applied to Weightmans Leeds Office
I thought it was a safe option. Obviously not, lol
Sorry to hear! I've found 99% of the time my 'safe' options are the ones that surprise me 🤣 and I actually tend to do better with apps for firms that push me out of my comfort zone a bit more. Not a VS or TC app but last year, I applied to a local high street firm in my town as a legal assistant following on from my distinction in the law conversion - naively thinking that it was a pretty safe bet. Within a week they sent me a rejection along with a really sassy email about how they didn't like my experience and I wasn't a fit. A month later landed a paralegal role at a well known law firm in the city. I guess my point is that the universe has a funny way of working and the right thing is coming along for you!!!

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I would see how the process goes and then towards the end of the interview or after the interview follow up by email and say you'd like to be considered for September given you now have commitments for next month.
Thank you, Jessica!

Also, sorry for bombarding you with questions, but does the timing of your AC have any effect on the outcome? I have been asked to book mine and I am feeling overwhelmed with diss work atm so I am considering booking for late March as opposed to next week.

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Yeah, I just hope the PFO batch will be sent out this evening too.

Congratulations to all who progressed to AC. Smash it guys!
    Me too! Rather than holding out and making us think there’s a chance. Hogan Lovells did that with their LiftOff programme and it just rubbed me the wrong way. But yes cheering everyone on!!

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    This is amazing congrats!! Out of curiosity, how far away are the ACs?
    Thank you!

Earliest next week, I lowkey forgot the furthest one since I've booked it now but I believe it was late March

Okay I’ll keep refreshing my emails! Do you happen to remember what the scheme dates are?

Good luck! As above ^^ All throughout March basically

Farhan65756

Distinguished Member
    Feb 3, 2023
    Has anyone heard from TLT London office for SVS?
    I emailed Grad Rec last Tuesday and I was told that AC invites have not been sent out for the London office as the AC dates are a little later but we should hear back within the next few weeks. Since I got this email last Tuesday, I would say that we should hopefully hear back within the next 2 weeks.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: dms21 and Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.