TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

SolicitorHopeful

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2022
I'm really struggling with this quesiton. Does anyone have any insight on how to approach this?

In your view, what are the main challenges facing the legal industry in the UK and how do you think our firm is positioned to address these challenges?

Any help would be appreciated :)

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there any rhyme or reason to how interviewers are allocated, particularly at AC? I have been interviewed by the Grad Rec Partner at two ACs now and not sure whether it's a good thing or if I'm just reading into it overly...

@Jessica Booker maybe this is something you have an insight into?
You are probably reading too much into it, there is no strange reason behind who your interviewers are as far as I am aware. Each person that gets an interview is likely to get the offer because they were deemed good enough to be there.

I would try and not read too much into things like this which are not in your control anyway.

Congratulations for obtaining two assessment centres in this fierce application cycle and good luck!!

Jimz

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2020
I'm still shocked but I received a Summer Vac offer with Latham yesterday!!!!!!!!. It was my first open day, first AC, and now my first vac. Trust in the process, believe in yourself, and everything will work out eventually. 😁
Congratulations! Did they get back to you within two weeks following your AC?

vacschemesgalore

Standard Member
Jan 19, 2024
I would personally attend the assessment day as it can be an opportunity for you to develop your interview skills, experience another firm, other lawyers and just see a different law firm overall.

I would worry about this once you get an actual offer but ideally you could ask them to postpone the experience as you said, or fast-track you for a direct training contract.
Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.