2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I'm really having a hard time with this latest rejection. I'm beating myself up about all the times I've reached the final stages at firms and missed. It's torture at this stage.
Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear you feel this way. I do however know exactly what you mean as I had a similar experience this year where I got rejected post telephone interview stage with a firm I last year had AC with... (note - this year I am a much better candidate with a lot more experience than beginning of 2020). Thus, please try not take this so personally. I now know after seeing how this process is that a lot of this is genuinely luck... The fact that you reached an AC with them means you have got what it takes. Please remember that 🧡

N.9

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    If it is about BM rejection then reach out to me as I received BM rejection and know how you feel.
    That's very kind, thank you. I think it's more about all the 'final shots' I've had with BM and other firms that is making me so upset. I've messed up so many final round chances I've had before, and now I don't get a shot at all. Don't worry, I know - of all people - you guys on here understand what this is like. It's just really tough.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    That's very kind, thank you. I think it's more about all the 'final shots' I've had with BM and other firms that is making me so upset. I've messed up so many final round chances I've had before, and now I don't get a shot at all. Don't worry, I know - of all people - you guys on here understand what this is like. It's just really tough.
    Trust me I saw my BM application rejection a week ago and was annoyed because my application was really strong. I think they are rejecting everyone for direct TC applications this year. Does anyone know anyone inside the firm so they can double-check this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.