Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I'm trying to gather as much information about the layout of the VI at the moment so thank you for that article! Prepping my why law, why Bristows answers as well as any competency questions that might pop up.

That's what I'm doing too, from what I've read on glassdoor it is just mainly why law? why bristows? and 'tell me about yourself'

Anyone got any tips for the Bristows TC video interview? Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys, if you haven't had your Bristows video interview already, a kind soul sent me this:

I just did the video interview and think it went okay despite my nerves - I thought this might be useful for your online service: they asked three questions, two of which were why you would make a good solicitor and what differentiates them from their competitors. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: STWO

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    When would it be appropriate to email a firm about the outcome of your application? I applied to Reed Smith in the beginning of December, did not hear anything from them except an email that they had a large number of application at half January. but I have heard from people that applied after me and did get an invitation to a test?
    I think if you haven't even received the test yet, that's reason enough to email! Especially because 2 months have passed

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    When would it be appropriate to email a firm about the outcome of your application? I applied to Reed Smith in the beginning of December, did not hear anything from them except an email that they had a large number of application at half January. but I have heard from people that applied after me and did get an invitation to a test?
    I'm in the same boat! Sent my app off in January and haven't heard since apart from the 'keep tight' email...

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Excited to say i've been invited to an ac at BCLP! It's my first ever ac!

The email just says:

'A drafting exercise, a business style role play, a group negotiation and a competency based interview with a member of HR or an Associate'.

Any guidance from someone who has completed at ac with them before would be really amazing :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Excited to say i've been invited to an ac at BCLP! It's my first ever ac!

The email just says:

'A drafting exercise, a business style role play, a group negotiation and a competency based interview with a member of HR or an Associate'.

Any guidance from someone who has completed at ac with them before would be really amazing :)
    Well done!

J Wu

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Rejection from Bird & Bird post-AC. A bit gutted but felt I gave a good account of myself and prepared well so one of those things I guess... hopefully, the feedback call will be beneficial. Fingers crossed get positive news from Weil!

Sorry to hear man! With each AC, you’ll learn and grow a lot, so I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. Best of luck for Weil!

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Rejection from Bird & Bird post-AC. A bit gutted but felt I gave a good account of myself and prepared well so one of those things I guess... hopefully, the feedback call will be beneficial. Fingers crossed get positive news from Weil!
    Sorry to hear Daniel. I feel your pain but you are doing well, believe in yourself.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Demna87 and Daniel Boden
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.