2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Mar 17, 2020
Hi - I will have mine on the 26th. Would you be so kind to share a bit from your experience and things to look out for? I am quite nervous.

I hope all goes well with yours! :)

Sorry I have just seen this (I have started a new job so I've not been able to check on here as much!).

My biggest advice would be to think about how you structure your response. I definitely felt like I was a bit too focused in trying to show off my commercial awareness/analysis and got carried away. They are not testing your legal knowledge, just how you respond to changes and commercial issues. Best of luck - try not to be too nervous :)

Reactions: MLA
Jaysen’s advice is spot on. It’s trying to work out how you identify with when a team is “the best” for you, what you like about the dynamics of that team and what made it the best team you have worked with.

It can be any example, but just try to find a genuine example of where you have enjoyed working in a team, and ideally in a successful one!
Thank you so much!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is the increase in competition largely a COVID issue? Or is this just a natural accumulation of more and more people rolling over from previous cycles combined with new students?
Recession, poor job market, fewer job opportunities, people applying to more roles to hedge their bets.

The accumulation point won't happen for another 18-24 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.