TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica,

I recently received a certificate from a law firm in light of completing a virtual work experience programme. I would like to let graduate recruitment know, but at the same time do not want to disturb them. There is no way to attach this certificate to the existing application, so should I just leave it?

Thank you :)

I’d just leave it - if you cannot update your application yourself, then unfortunately it’s just one of those things. Always something to bring up if you get invited to a video interview or face to face assessment though

Reactions: Deleted member 5185

Ar2016

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 2, 2019
Guys does someone have any tips or a rough format for written case studies. I have practiced the ones available on TCLA, however other than following the vague advice on providing pros and cons and being organised/concise, I am still not sure I have grasped the correct format. I guess what Im trying to ask is:

1. does the report/email have to be one page only? (assuming there is no limit stated anywhere)
2. How would you juggle giving advice on 2 decisions that need to be made ( in TCLA exercise you only had to advise on one decision but I have heard some firms asking for decisions/advice to be given on 2 things)-- how should you apply the pros and cons technique without essentially making a mess of the format and keeping under time?

Any other specific advice would be great!

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
Really appreciate that, thank you
And you will too! I know what’s probably holding me back though. It’s definitely my grades at this point despite my mitigating circumstances. I think I’m going to look into perhaps an senior status LLB , because my normal LLB grades are poor. Cause I know firms won’t care too much if my LLM grades are a lot better

RSta

M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2019
Hi, has anyone applied to Goldman Sachs in-house legal analyst role before (and do you have any tips for application)? I'm really interested and currently writing the cover letter, but there's little information on that programme online. Thanks!

Lr1

May 8, 2020
And you will too! I know what’s probably holding me back though. It’s definitely my grades at this point despite my mitigating circumstances. I think I’m going to look into perhaps an senior status LLB , because my normal LLB grades are poor. Cause I know firms won’t care too much if my LLM grades are a lot better

The senior status LLB is specifically for those who haven't completed an LLB and want a more thorough introduction into law than the GDL. Oxford offers the senior status but those that do it have undergraduate degrees in subjects other than law. You can't do an LLB twice-or if you somehow can, that's just really odd. Perhaps you're thinking of the BCL at Oxford? You really need perfect academics straight across to get into that programme. It's the best law master's programme in the UK, if not the world.

• ℹ️
Reactions: OB and O

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
The senior status LLB is specifically for those who haven't completed an LLB and want a more thorough introduction into law than the GDL. Oxford offers the senior status but those that do it have undergraduate degrees in subjects other than law. You can't do an LLB twice-or if you somehow can, that's just really odd. Perhaps you're thinking of the BCL at Oxford? You really need perfect academics straight across to get into that programme. It's the best law master's programme in the UK, if not the world.
It’s a bit of a tricky one. I have spoke to a few university who have confirmed that I can. It would be odd but what it kinda does is remove the stigma of not having good grades throughout. I am already doing an LLM at durham and have basically averaged 69.1.. a very good disso first will allow me to graduate with a first. (I also never did A-levels cause I’m international) .. so in theory, what I am trying to do is prove that I am academically capable. If I can get another first on the senior status and a first class LLM, I can’t see how I would not be regarded as academically excellent. Therefore that might make it easier for firms to consider my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.