Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Is anybody in the know re O'Melveney?

I am wondering if they are opening TC route, on one TC deadlines site it says they are. However, on their site it looks as though not...

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    Hey everyone, my Watson Glaser link for my direct tc baker McKenzie app isn’t working - i tried to sit the test yesterday but it said session expired. It’s due today and I haven’t heard anything back from grad rec.

[email protected]

is this the right email to contact them ? I’m getting worried

Reactions: jomar

Fd321

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 3, 2023
    @Jessica Booker hi Jessica I was hoping maybe you had some advice for me. I have just received an invite for an interview for a paralegal role at Farrer & Co. I was wondering whether you had any tips for an interview which includes knowledge and competency based questions as well as a presentation. Do you think the interview will be similar questions to TC interviews I’ve done before? Thanks :)

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    When is it reasonable for a candidate to contact graduate recruitment for an update post-AC? Asking for a friend.

Person in question did interview on 20 March and was told to expect an outcome after 3-4 weeks - still hasn't heard anything.

abdullahusain

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker,

Hope you are doing well.

I attended an assessment centre ('AC') for a law firm in February and am still waiting to receive a response regarding the status of my application. While browsing on LinkedIn a couple of weeks ago, I found out that one of the attendees of the AC immediately received an offer a week after attending the AC (per industry norm); however, I am relatively perplexed by why I have not received a rejection email yet. I tried contacting graduate recruitment multiple times, but they ignored my emails.

Being experienced in the field of recruitment, I have two questions for you:

(a) Is it normal for firms to abstain from sending rejection emails to attendees of ACs who have been unsuccessful, and should the lack of communication be interpreted as rejection?

(b) Similarly, from a recruitment perspective, is there an explanation for why they have yet to send a rejection email? For example, the firm is waiting for offer holders to confirm whether they are interested in accepting.

Kind regards,
    Abdulla

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Still no one received a VI from BM?
    Wondering the same, also considering they’ll probably give people a week to complete the VI and that their first AC is on 16 May. To me, it seems like they’re running a bit behind schedule! I think the deadline for everyone to take the WG test was today though…

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.