TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Wondering the same, also considering they’ll probably give people a week to complete the VI and that their first AC is on 16 May. To me, it seems like they’re running a bit behind schedule! I think the deadline for everyone to take the WG test was today though…
I thought it was Wednesday since some people posted a few days ago they received the link last wed. So perhaps we will hear on Thursday ?

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2018
Completed Baker McKenzie Watson Glaser yesterday 24th April. No email recognising completion of application.

Graduate recruitment email says you will find out as soon as possible but later also says you will find out within 2 weeks.

Anyone received anything else after completing WG?

jomar

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 20, 2022
Completed Baker McKenzie Watson Glaser yesterday 24th April. No email recognising completion of application.

Graduate recruitment email says you will find out as soon as possible but later also says you will find out within 2 weeks.

Anyone received anything else after completing WG?
No, nothing. I emailed asking to confirm receipt and they didn't reply - lol.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
That seems fair. The Lawyer Portal mention performance to meet 75% pass mark for most law firms, however based on JobTestPrep summaries the marking is done in context of cohort performance.
Yeah, it really differs from firm to firm. However, the score is almost always expressed as a percentile (measuring how your score compares to others in the norm group) rather than as a raw score. I think some firms will take into account how high you score when deciding which candidates to progress, while for other firms you only need to score above a certain percentile/threshold (usually around 18-40).

I believe nobody knows which approach Bakers graduate recruitment follows

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
That seems fair. The Lawyer Portal mention performance to meet 75% pass mark for most law firms, however based on JobTestPrep summaries the marking is done in context of cohort performance.
This is by no means accurate at all - which is frustrating when it comes from a website like that.

1) It won’t be a percentage

2) Even if they do mean percentile rather than percentage it is exceptionally rare for the cut off to be that high

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.