TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

stefanizahariev

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2023
Just got a rejection from them after VI. I deserved it, I really flubbed one of my answers, arguably the most important one. Shame, I was so excited about this firm. I know Video Interviews must be terribly efficient but I feel sometimes firms will miss out on great candidates...
omg I am sorry :( I know what you mean, same happened to me with Mishcon de Reya yikes

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Do you think it’s worth emailing them to ask when we might have a response?
Honestly don't know.. I vaguely remember getting an email after submitting my VI that said that we will hear back mid January (?) But I can't find that email anymore and I really don't know if I just dreamt about it 🤣. I guess we can wait until the end of this week?

Reactions: LB24

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
For Reed Smith's legal high potential assessment, it says that it usually takes around 30 to 40 minutes but you do not need to complete it in one sitting. Does that mean that I can start the assessment answer some questions, take a break and then continue?
Also for the virtual interview, it states that it is untimed and there is unlimited preparation for it. Does that mean that when I see the questions I will have unlimited time to prepare before recording or that I can record my response many times before submitting it?
Did you receive this from them today?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.