TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

EllaClayton

Valued Member
Jan 23, 2023
PFO from Bird & Bird post-app:

We regret to inform you that, on this occasion, we are unable to progress your application to the next stage of the recruitment process as the next stages are now at capacity.

Makes sense as I saw people getting AC invites at the end of November and applied on the deadline. Think if you want to apply to them in the future, it’s definitely a firm to be proactive with in regards to the rolling deadline!
Yep me too!

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Do people change their work experience explanations depending on the firm? I've just been copy pasting the descriptions for each of them but just saw a post about someone adapting it for a firm... Is this common practice?
    I do this with certain experiences. For example, I have completed several internships through the Forage. (And I always have a single entry in the work experience section saying I completed several internships where I learned about different areas of commercial law bla bla)
    If a firm has an internship on the Forage, I emphasise how their specific programme was particularly impactful, detailing the tasks I undertook and the skills I acquired for that programme. Or I sometimes add an event or something specific to the firm in the work experience. However, some experiences, like my role as a Translator, remain constant in every application, as they reflect consistent aspects of my background.

I wouldn't say that this is common practice and most of the entries are the same among all firms.

Reactions: AlegalA

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I see TW’s assessment centres offer the option for both virtual and in person. I could feasibly do both, but do you feel there’s any significant advantage to doing one over the other?

I know there’s a group exercise involved, so don’t know if factoring that into the equation, in person may be easier? Or makes no difference?

Wondered if you had any thoughts @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    I see TW’s assessment centres offer the option for both virtual and in person. I could feasibly do both, but do you feel there’s any significant advantage to doing one over the other?

I know there’s a group exercise involved, so don’t know if factoring that into the equation, in person may be easier? Or makes no difference?

Wondered if you had any thoughts @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre
    I do not think it makes a difference especially if they provide both. Choose what suits you best and what format do you think you might thrive in more. It really is a matter of choosing what you personally want if they give you this chance.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.