TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2023
In endlessly reviewing a firm's recruitment brochure to write apps, the trainees photographed start to seem like these unattainable, lofty figures -- celebrities almost. I feel weirdly starstruck when I then interact with them in person, like... My brain has got so used to seeing them as images? Does anyone else get that or is my brain rotting lol
Oh tell me about the starstruck. I had been following this lawfluencer on YouTube for quite a long time. And when I got a chance to meet him in my previous VS, I was so nervous to talk to him to the point he even told me you seem to be worrying a lot abt the scheme. The cherry on top was that when we were getting back to our office, I was so fumble that I got slammed by the elevator doors IN FRONT OF HIM 🤣🤣🤣

That's just me, starstruck by him and the elevator doors

Kbrandnew

Jan 23, 2024
hate times written assessments - always feels like you're on a proper time crunch and just stress about the timing and can't focus on the content
I share this sentiment. I had an AC today, let the time and my anxiety get the better of me and I think it went terribly. I had a great competency/motivational/situational interview though, let's just hope they see my potential😅

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.