TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I wouldn’t know in this instance - but why not just book for late March anyway if that works best for you?
I have booked it for late March now but I was concerned about them making offers on a rolling basis and wanted to make sure I wasn't harming my chances. Probably overthinking it tbf.

Also, with regards to the CV the recruiter requested from me. I am going to keep it only 2 pages but I was wondering if I should leave out virtual online programmes (non-selective) as that information is available to the recruiter anyway (they have the application form). Could I please get your take on this? Thank you!!

DieHard

Star Member
Feb 14, 2024
Anyone worried that grades will hinder their future success - the two high-flying partners at Skadden right now (including the managing partner) graduated with 2:2s with one doing his training contract at a high street firm in Hull.

Keep plugging away!
The sentiment is encouraging, but its not entirely applicable to the current climate for applicants to TCs.

DieHard

Star Member
Feb 14, 2024
I doubt spring is filled because I interviewed for the spring position on Monday. Also for summer W&C, the first round of ACs were conducted after mine so I believe no offers have actually gone out.
I know a couple people with summers so I assumed by extrapolating. Okay if you've only interviewed for Spring this week, quite surprised though - they've already ran a fair few ACs I would have assumed filled by now

Amehta1

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 4, 2023
    I know a couple people with summers so I assumed by extrapolating. Okay if you've only interviewed for Spring this week, quite surprised though - they've already ran a fair few ACs I would have assumed filled by now
    Yeah I think when W&C mean they review on a rolling basis they truly mean they will consider every application even up to the day of the deadline. I submitted my app on deadline day which was 14th jan, received a VI two weeks later and an AC invite two weeks after that :)

hanz123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 16, 2022
    I'm so here for the football memes
    Jose Mourinho Sport GIF by Play Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: tcla888

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    How should I approach the interview question: Tell us about yourself.

Should I list some of my strengths with examples?
    I go in this order:
    1. My name.
    2. My current job title/status (if you’re a student, say so and say which course you are studying).
    3. Career aspirations.
    4. Why I have applied for the role/what I’m looking for.
    5. A fun fact about myself/or a brief summary of my hobbies just so they know that I’m not a robot 😅

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.