Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Cant do that with the Gestapo police blocking my posts more than the CMA blocks every transaction...
I am not blocking them - I am deleting them and others that are bringing up the conversation we have already asked more than once to not be raised again. You and other have been warned multiple times about this and the forum was told we would delete further posts on the topic.

The level of respect expected in this forum applies to everyone, so the name calling is not appreciated either.

Giorgos

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 5, 2023
I go in this order:
1. My name.
2. My current job title/status (if you’re a student, say so and say which course you are studying).
3. Career aspirations.
4. Why I have applied for the role/what I’m looking for.
5. A fun fact about myself/or a brief summary of my hobbies just so they know that I’m not a robot 😅
Thank you!

• 🤝
Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
I recently got offered ACs for DWF and HSF. However, they're both on the same day with a 45 min gap between them. The offices are like 20 minutes apart. Any idea what to do?
Hey congrats! I would honestly ask for one of the firms to postpone the date (possibly ask for either a day earlier or a day later so as to not inconvenience them). What you don’t want happening is the performance of one AC affecting your next. It also requires a lot of social and mental battery to do 2 AC’s in one day, so I would think cautiously about that. Either way best of luck!!

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I recently got offered ACs for DWF and HSF. However, they're both on the same day with a 45 min gap between them. The offices are like 20 minutes apart. Any idea what to do?
Congrats on getting 2 ACs, that’s a big achievement!

If I’m honest, I would definitely try and ask grad recruitment if it’s possible to change dates for one of them. Not only will the lack of time in between likely stress you out with commuting, but that would be a long day. ACs are rigorous and are typically about 4-5 hours long. The thought of doing them back-to-back just doesn’t sound sustainable in my opinion as it would be difficult to keep the momentum going. If you underperformed in the first one or keep thinking what you could have done differently, that may also play into your performance and affect your mindset.

If it’s not possible to change the date, I would honestly try and advise only doing one. It sounds a silly suggestion but I think focusing all your energy on one AC rather than spreading yourself thin across two is more likely to result in an offer. Good luck :)

RonRod13

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
I started a new thread if anyone wants to continue the W&C debate or to just have a general discussion or debate on any matter since I was getting a lot of messages too on this.

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/debate-with-me.8595/

This will be good practice for ACs and partner interview since u will get grilled and probed no matter what stance you take so being able to fight your corner is an extremely important skill and could be what sets you apart from other candidates.

lawgurl90

Star Member
Jan 3, 2024
I'd say break a leg if there was no running involved. Good luck! You've got this!

Hey congrats! I would honestly ask for one of the firms to postpone the date (possibly ask for either a day earlier or a day later so as to not inconvenience them). What you don’t want happening is the performance of one AC affecting your next. It also requires a lot of social and mental battery to do 2 AC’s in one day, so I would think cautiously about that. Either way best of luck!!

Congrats on getting 2 ACs, that’s a big achievement!

If I’m honest, I would definitely try and ask grad recruitment if it’s possible to change dates for one of them. Not only will the lack of time in between likely stress you out with commuting, but that would be a long day. ACs are rigorous and are typically about 4-5 hours long. The thought of doing them back-to-back just doesn’t sound sustainable in my opinion as it would be difficult to keep the momentum going. If you underperformed in the first one or keep thinking what you could have done differently, that may also play into your performance and affect your mindset.

If it’s not possible to change the date, I would honestly try and advise only doing one. It sounds a silly suggestion but I think focusing all your energy on one AC rather than spreading yourself thin across two is more likely to result in an offer. Good luck :)

Thanks for all the help and good wishes everyone! I have emailed one of the firms to change the date.

EqualityNonNegotiable

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 1, 2023
Im just genuinely trying to provide good application advice and guidance because I noticed there was a demand for it, if you dont want anything to do with it then just ignore the message. Absolutely no need for this facetious response.
Don't worry Rod! Haters gonna hate.

I for one am eternally grateful that despite having to make big life decisions such as choosing between two TCs and a banking offer you still find the time and energy to educate us. Thank you!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi - I got rejected post VI for W&C Summer Vacation Scheme, 2024, Can I apply for the Direct Training Contract for White and Case. Please let me know?
You can but it is very difficult to be successful in the same year if nothing in your experience will significantly change, for instance you have some vacation schemes on your CV or significant work experience. I personally would wait for the next application cycle, especially if it is a firm you are keen to apply to.

Additionally, you could email them and ask them if you can reapply and how will you be assesses if nothing in your application changes, but I am pretty sure they will say the same things. Last year I got rejected from them after the video interview stage too and I did ask this question and they encouraged me to apply next year and that I probably would have not been successful at the direct training contract stage.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.