TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
PHurst applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis. I would email back about that, 99% sure that's a glitch. Likely when they say if you have not heard back 'then', they have missed out saying 'by then' and a related date.

Unless you missed the deadline yet were still allowed to submit for some reason. Alternatively, it is possible your application was automatically screened out due to failing to meet the benchmark exam results (A levels, GCSEs, degree...?)
Have you applied? Did you get a different automatic response because I also got what the other person got automatically when I submitted my app... didn't think it was a rejection just a badly phrased email but now also stressing if it was a rejection

DieHard

Star Member
Feb 14, 2024
Actually, the GR team has this policy of not sending rejections. If you do not hear from them, it is a rejection :(
If GR does not send rejections, then the email is either a glitch or terribly phrased, as the email would be a rejection in itself.

The only other alternative is that PHurst already filled up their scheme with the Insight people before the deadline but that is both unlikely and incredibly harsh/disrespectful to allow people to still apply if the spaces were already pre-assigned.

• Wow
Reactions: Sharon Wu

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
IM, CRS & AG PFO, followed by a SVS offer from Trowers!

Football Win Some Lose Some GIF

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.