TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
For Mayer Brown, can I take a break between the SJT and the verbal reasoning test? I just finished the SJT and have yet to click start on the verbal reasoning. But if I come back later to finish it and not close the page, will it still be there? Or will some timeout thing happen?
You can come back later as I remember it :)

• 🤝
Reactions: law2022x

elektrajenkov

Star Member
Dec 20, 2023
Have you tried emailing them to see when you will hear back. That might be a wise idea.
Yes I already have. She said we would hear by end of last week and I haven't heard of anyone hearing yet. As per the most frequent advice I see for not hearing back on time on here, I plan on emailing again towards the end of this week if we don't hear anything to allow for delays :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is there any point in contacting a firm if they have not got back post-AC? They said they would get back last week but still haven’t heard anything.
Wait until the end of this week. It is only 1 working day after their deadline and there can be a whole host of reasons why something is delayed by a few days. I would only follow up the end of this week or early next, unless you need (rather than want) an update.

Reactions: kmo20

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.