TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

stolefat

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2022
does anyone know if withers ghosts or sends rejections? apparently people have been getting pfos but also someone recently said they got ghosted?? it's late march now so i just want to know if i've been rejected;-;
I think they might be doing their invites in rounds. They start with the first batch, and if they like everyone they interview then that’s that, but if they need to interview more they send out more invites. They told me it’ll be about two weeks before I hear back so they’re probably still doing interviews.

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
After many many cycles and more than enough rejections, I secured my first vc!
Thank you everyone for being informative, supportive, and entertaining with good tea now and then.
I know I would have given up ages ago if it wasn't for this community so thank you so much.
Thank you especially @Jessica Booker and @axelbeugre cause you guys are always here whenever someone needs help or advice. I can't think of how difficult your job must be and how thankful I am for feeling assured knowing that I had someone to run to whenever I got stuck on a question or a difficult situation.
Now, I am panicking rn and have few questions.
How do I dress for the vc? is it formal ties, shirts, blazers every single day?
and what happens if I cant complete a work they give me on the scheme to a good enough quality? how do I make sure I do the job properly? Should I and do I prep and treat this like AC?

tealzeal

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
I think they might be doing their invites in rounds. They start with the first batch, and if they like everyone they interview then that’s that, but if they need to interview more they send out more invites. They told me it’ll be about two weeks before I hear back so they’re probably still doing interviews.
thanks for the info!! fingers crossed they'll get to me but it's prob a pfo atp haha

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
After many many cycles and more than enough rejections, I secured my first vc!
Thank you everyone for being informative, supportive, and entertaining with good tea now and then.
I know I would have given up ages ago if it wasn't for this community so thank you so much.
Thank you especially @Jessica Booker and @axelbeugre cause you guys are always here whenever someone needs help or advice. I can't think of how difficult your job must be and how thankful I am for feeling assured knowing that I had someone to run to whenever I got stuck on a question or a difficult situation.
Now, I am panicking rn and have few questions.
How do I dress for the vc? is it formal ties, shirts, blazers every single day?
and what happens if I cant complete a work they give me on the scheme to a good enough quality? how do I make sure I do the job properly? Should I and do I prep and treat this like AC?
Massive congratulations @Untilwinter, I am so glad I was able to help in some way and you deserve this win more than you know as you worked really hard!

• When it comes to the dress code, I would recommend dressing formal for the entirety of the scheme as you want to 'dress to impress'. Every other vacation schemer will be dressed very formal, you could do without a tie but shirt, blazer and smart shoes everyday are what I would go for. I wore a tie for the first day!
  • You should complete the work that they give you before the end of the scheme otherwise it will not reflect positively on you I am afraid. The secret is not get overwhelmed by the work and do not ask for too much work by different people at the firm. Get as much work you know you will be capable of doing. In fact, on the scheme you will also be busy with talks, workshops, coffee chats and social events so it is important to be very organised and show that you can do everything.
  • You should enjoy this win for now in my opinion. In terms of preparation, I always recommend getting as much information as possible from people who have already done the scheme so you can get a deeper understanding of what is expected of you. Additionally, keeping up with the news about the firm, the deals it is working on and the cases it deals with is paramount. I shared some more tips on how to convert a vacation scheme and how to prepare for it: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-169320
  • https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-168253
Congratulations again and good luck with everything!

amy2002

Mar 14, 2024
How negatively will it have impacted me if I stumbled through quite a few questions on an interview?

I didn't feel as if my answers were too bad, just quite rambled and repeated certain words (I think I said "interests me" about 6 times). I'm pretty disappointed as I prepped really hard for it.

Any thoughts @Jessica Booker?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.