TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
No - it’s very common.
Thank you, as I have a paralegal offer at a tier one investment bank but they are going through the umbrella company process however, I also have a paralegal offer at lewis Silkin. I am unable to decide between them , I personally want to take the investment bank one but I was just unsure if working through an Umbrella Company might not hold the same weight.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you, as I have a paralegal offer at a tier one investment bank but they are going through the umbrella company process however, I also have a paralegal offer at lewis Silkin. I am unable to decide between them , I personally want to take the investment bank one but I was just unsure if working through an Umbrella Company might not hold the same weight.
It’s really not an issue working through an umbrella company - there is no difference from a future applications perspective.

Reactions: tcplease2345
I have an AC tomorrow and am really not feeling well. Think I have the flu and have recently lost a family member which has affected my concentration - do you think its worth mentioning to graduate recruitment? I still want to do the AC but not sure if I should mention this prior.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.