TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

suhana

Standard Member
Mar 17, 2024
urgent!! baker mckenzie first year scheme 2024 is yet to start 22 april and i still have not received a response. normally cutting it this close i would expect a rejection, but checking linkedin i know no one has gotten a response yet. has anyone received a response or is waiting for one?

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
For those who have succeeded at ACs/virtual interviews (final stage), what would you say is the most important thing to securing the VS offer? Someone on the direct TC thread suggested it is about polish rather than ability, and I am wondering whether others would agree with this? I have an interview coming up and I am wondering to what the most important things are to the interviewers/law firms (both consciously and subconsciously)? @Jessica Booker are you able to give some pointers as to what areas are being measured/rated when they note things down or debrief afterwards?

• 🤝
Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Also, I am likely to be jumping the gun here, but should I manage to convert my VS to a TC this summer, does anyone know whether I can defer my TC? So instead of starting my SQE courses in 2025, it would be 2026? Does GR tend to be open to something like this? @Jessica Booker your expertise would be very appreciated!
No harm in asking at the point you are offered - the worst that will happen is that they say no and you a have to decide whether to accept the earlier start date.

SR99

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 5, 2021
    Goodness me!!!! Browne Jacobson AC!!!! Every time I thought about it I’d convinced myself more and more that I was going to get rejected after the telephone interview!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for all others who applied!!!
    Huge congrats!!! I hope they send out more batches of invites 🤞 were there a good amount of dates to choose from?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.