General Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
Just got rejected by Hogan Lovells post critical thinking test :( Just wish they could give some form of feedback at post-test stage, although I completely get why they can't - so many applications to sift through.

2 rejections but still in the game for 6. Got to think on the bright side!
:)

Hope everyone has a fab Easter weekend on another note :D

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Just got rejected by Hogan Lovells post critical thinking test :( Just wish they could give some form of feedback at post-test stage, although I completely get why they can't - so many applications to sift through.

2 rejections but still in the game for 6. Got to think on the bright side!
    :)

Hope everyone has a fab Easter weekend on another note :D

Same! I just got the rejection. I asked for my Watson Glaser report and they said I was not successful based on my application form so at least I know that much!

Popal

Distinguished Member
    Feb 25, 2020
    Same! I just got the rejection. I asked for my Watson Glaser report and they said I was not successful based on my application form so at least I know that much!
    Oh that’s good to know, I might ask the same! Thank you, I’m sure we will both get there ☺️ Also I suspect the majority of TCs went to vac schemers this year so let’s not beat ourselves up too much about it: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ly-as-it-cancels-summer-vacation-schemes/amp/

• 🤝
    Reactions: Camilla

Ben1897

Jan 20, 2020
    Congrats to anyone who just got a TC offer from Hogan Lovells! They scrapped the summer vacation scheme.

Am I right to assume that direct TC offers were handed out to the would-be summer vac schemers then? It'd be interesting to know how that worked considering pretty much all firms, including HL, have more VS places than TCs available.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Am I right to assume that direct TC offers were handed out to the would-be summer vac schemers then? It'd be interesting to know how that worked considering pretty much all firms, including HL, have more VS places than TCs available.

they weren’t offered to everyone. Some have been transferred to their winter vacation scheme instead.

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018

They offered some TCs and some Winter VS’s. Not sure how they decided but I am pretty sure everyone’s happy with the results.

Dos

Star Member
    Aug 2, 2019
    With Hogan Lovells offering some of it's summer Vac Schemers TC offers, I'm worried about the routes other firms will take, especially on the direct TC Routes. I hope the impact isn't too severe :(.

Demna87

Distinguished Member
    Aug 23, 2018
    Perhaps will impact direct TC applications. May be little point in doing any as spaces will be given to those who are further down the vac scheme application process
    I wouldn't worry about it yet unless other firms start following HL. For some firms, if you submit a TC app it will be considered first because they won't have given any TC spaces to Spring vac schemers yet (e.g. Baker McKenzie).

Reactions: Lauren2, W and Charles
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.