TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
if in an interview when they ask "introduce yourself to me in 60s" i was wondering what kind of things would one include? should it be more personal (i.e personal attributes, hobbites, etc) or more achievement/career based (awards, career interests/achievements, etc)?
I think a bit of both - what defines you, in your mind? For me, I would definitely mention some of my academic interests, my background growing up, a key hobby of mine (playing piano) and my professional aspirations!

WillF

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Bit of a weird one!

I have an AC that asks for 'scanned' copies of various things, including my A Level Certificates (which i have not actually collected). I don't think i am able to collect them myself before the AC, but my mum has offered to and send me photos of them (we dont have a way of scanning them at home) - my question is: are the photos okay, when they ask for scanned copies?

@Jessica Booker any help would be massively appreciated!

Reactions: George Maxwell

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but just to check: how do you know who a firm's competitors are? Is it simply common sense, i.e. looking at other firms who have a presence in the same areas / similar revenue / etc? Or is there more to it?
You can look at firms with high band rankings in similar areas - but yeah there's nothing in particular to it :)

Reactions: ISABE11A

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
Dec 11, 2021
Bit of a weird one!

I have an AC that asks for 'scanned' copies of various things, including my A Level Certificates (which i have not actually collected). I don't think i am able to collect them myself before the AC, but my mum has offered to and send me photos of them (we dont have a way of scanning them at home) - my question is: are the photos okay, when they ask for scanned copies?

You can buy apps which do a “scan” like microsoft lens - a clear photo should be fine! I have never scanned when asked for a scan. Honestly just use microsoft lens!!

• Love
Reactions: George Maxwell and WillF

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
You can buy apps which do a “scan” like microsoft lens - a clear photo should be fine! I have never scanned when asked for a scan. Honestly just use microsoft lens!!
If you are an iPhone user you don't even need to buy an app to do this, you can do so with the notes app which comes with the iOS.

APPLE619

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Bit of a weird one!

Hi! The iphone notes app has a scanning feature. That's what I've always done and it has never brought any issues. I've used it for visa's, passport, unis etc so it should be fine for a firm

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD and WillF

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Bit of a weird one!

Photos will be perfectly fine if they have said scanned copies.

buerheibai

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2021
also got a Covington VS offer yesterday afternoon :) Does anyone have any insight into what the VS is like or how competitive it is? specifically, what percentage of participants (+ how many) apply for a training contracts and are successful in their applications?
I think in my AC the GR team mentioned they make about 20 offers. If I remember correctly they take about 10 trainees each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.