Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
After stalking, and sometimes contributing, to this forum, I am proud to say that I have been offered a TC at WBD. I still can't quite believe it.

Thank you everyone for providing great advice and for your immense support.
Congratulations! That is fantastic news!

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

C

Caroline1999

Just got a call from Travers Smith for the first stage interview!! It's my first TC interview so would greatly appreciate any tips!
Congratulations! Was it from a mobile phone number? I had a missed call yesterday but am unable to call back whenever I try and am worried it may be them lol

D

daisy_yawn

Congratulations! Was it from a mobile phone number? I had a missed call yesterday but am unable to call back whenever I try and am worried it may be them lol
Yep it looked like a mobile phone number (07-). They sent me a follow up email but it contained the interview time I'd agreed to on the call so it'll probably come after the call.

Reactions: Caroline1999

gigglingsquid

Oct 30, 2021
Hey everyone. I had my Dentons Telephone Interview on 21st July, and the firm had not responded for a month since then. I had asked for an update a couple of days ago, and I got a mail today from the firm informing that they are no longer recruiting for the role as they have filled up spaces. It says that they encourage me to apply in the next cycle. I feel very unsettled as to why they progressed my application to the interview stage only to receive this response later, and the fact that I didn't receive a rejection somehow makes me feel worse (at least right now) because it's not like I was outrightly rejected as well. This was my first application that progressed beyond the application stage.

They have offered me a feedback call, which I will take, of course. Apart from that, is there anything else I should discuss with the firm?
Yeah it really sucks but their direct TC was a bit of a mess this year. I received no response for months until today and they just sent a generic email when they'd actually just filled up spaces

• 🤝
Reactions: born&raised

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Hey guys,

I don't know whether I am overthinking what I do/ how I normally answer, but is the question 'why law'

i) why do you want a career in commercial law?
    ii) what attracted you to law in general?
    iii) (for a career changer like myself) why law now and the change from your previous career in accounting?

Should I ask for clarification? Or do they mean they simply mean (i)

Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.