TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
Jan 15, 2023
just realised akin reviews your commercial awareness question post-TI
lol there goes my chance of securing AC with them
I think (but don’t know) that’s what let me down. I felt the TI went well but I also believed my commercial answer was ok. Trouble is, it’s decided by a partner in that area and anonymised. Only takes that partner to dislike what you’ve written or have a bad day and just like that, you’re out. I bed some partners are harsher than others. No point speculating but it has crossed my mind if the outcome might have been different had I chosen a different topic. Hey ho, I can’t change mine but you can keep the faith! It’s not a no until it’s a no. Have confidence!!

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
I think (but don’t know) that’s what let me down. I felt the TI went well but I also believed my commercial answer was ok. Trouble is, it’s decided by a partner in that area and anonymised. Only takes that partner to dislike what you’ve written or have a bad day and just like that, you’re out. I bed some partners are harsher than others. No point speculating but it has crossed my mind if the outcome might have been different had I chosen a different topic. Hey ho, I can’t change mine but you can keep the faith! It’s not a no until it’s a no. Have confidence!!
Thank you for the kind words but ive given up already😭
I was under time pressure and wrote down something irrelevant to their practice. I was surprised i made it past app cause of that. But guess not

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
For Reed Smith's legal high potential assessment, it says that it usually takes around 30 to 40 minutes but you do not need to complete it in one sitting. Does that mean that I can start the assessment answer some questions, take a break and then continue?
Also for the virtual interview, it states that it is untimed and there is unlimited preparation for it. Does that mean that when I see the questions I will have unlimited time to prepare before recording or that I can record my response many times before submitting it?
bumping this!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.