TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Lola333

Star Member
Aug 27, 2023
At Osborne Clarke's AC, a senior associate told me my presentation was outstanding, one of the best they'd seen, and that I should feel proud of it —-> Fast forward a few days, and I got PFO'd – guess my presentation was so good, they thought I was too good to be a trainee🤣🤣🤣🤣
I am yet to know but one time grad rec told me that we would definitely see each other again after a final stage interview - which I took to be a good sign - and then I received a rejection two days later :)
I was also told 'I look forward to seeing you around the corridors' by a senior associate and then didn't get the VS 😊 Something else at the AC must have massively let me down ahaha

kcr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2022
Those that have heard back from Bakers, what was your SJT feedback like? I apparently excelled in applied verbal intellect but every other trait seemed average. I'm just wondering how this compares with others.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.