Winston & Strawn ✅
Morgan Lewis ✅
Fried Frank (1st January)
Orrick ✅
Dechert ✅
Cooley ✅
Morrison Foerster ✅
Slaughter and May ✅❌

✅ = applied; ❌ = PFO; 📼 = VI; 🎙️ = AC; 📝 = test.
You too... been missing your updates, how is it going?

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47
D

Deleted member 32324

Out of curiosity, how did you do in your tests?
PFO from Baker McKenzie post test.

I’d rather do the WGT 5 times in a row than do another SJT. Done about 5 this cycle and not passed a single one — how can something so simple seemingly be such a big hurdle? 😭

Baker's PFO, at least they are efficient! Quite a shame that so much weighting is placed onto the new test...

Lawyer500

Distinguished Member
Jan 24, 2024
I'm not sure this is correct. I submitted my VI in February yet there are people who did theirs in December and haven't received the holding email. That said, I think it could simply mean they've now reviewed the VI and made their decision either way.
Oh I hadn’t seen that about some December submissions not getting theirs! I submitted mine early feb and got it a couple of days ago

Givemeatcplease

Feb 23, 2024
Coming on here as needed to vent.

I had an AC yesterday and one of the interviews was a case study interview where the Partner would assume the role of a client when you gave a 15 minute presentation, followed by 20 minutes of questions.

When I get into my interview, the Partner immediately says that he’s not going to do the role play of being the client as he finds it pointless/stupid. It threw me off a bit, but I guess you get Partners like that and who have preferences.

However, when I was trying to give my presentation, he interrupted me about every minute with a remark and questioning me, which got me incredibly flustered. I thought the questions were supposed to come afterwards. I barely got to do a “presentation” as it was just me speaking for a minute and then him probing.

I know it’s not going to change the outcome but am I right to feel annoyed about this? Feel it’s incredibly unfair if a Partner isn’t going to follow the brief they’re given. Made all my preparation feel worthless.

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023

I had an AC yesterday and one of the interviews was a case study interview where the Partner would assume the role of a client when you gave a 15 minute presentation, followed by 20 minutes of questions.

When I get into my interview, the Partner immediately says that he’s not going to do the role play of being the client as he finds it pointless/stupid. It threw me off a bit, but I guess you get Partners like that and who have preferences.

However, when I was trying to give my presentation, he interrupted me about every minute with a remark and questioning me, which got me incredibly flustered. I thought the questions were supposed to come afterwards. I barely got to do a “presentation” as it was just me speaking for a minute and then him probing.

I know it’s not going to change the outcome but am I right to feel annoyed about this? Feel it’s incredibly unfair if a Partner isn’t going to follow the brief they’re given. Made all my preparation feel worthless.
Is this BCLP?😂

If that’s BCLP, I’m not surprised.

Yes, you have every right to feel annoyed. The partner should have followed the instructions (especially if it was outlined that the partner should let you present first and then ask questions). Don’t worry, you did your best. Just stay positive!

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
Oct 27, 2023

I would have been sooo happy.... I would have agreed with him, and asked if he wants to just have a formal/ informal interview... (emphasis on the INFORMAL'... Then I would have veered off into what he does and asked him questions lol...

I see that as a blessing... Please tell me the firm so I can apply and ask that I 'present' to this partner lol

Last edited:

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
I would have been sooo happy.... I would have agreed with him, and asked if he wants to just have a formal/ informal interview... (emphasis on the INFORMAL'... Then I would have veered off into what he does and asked him questions lol...

I see that as a blessing... Pllease tell me the firm so I can apply and ask that I 'present' to this partner lol
ACA-DEMIC WEAPON

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021

ngl it is frustrating but sometimes they do that to jus test your grit! it doesn't mean your preparation went to waste, they jus wanna see how you can react to changes (which are bound to happen in a real life sitch esp if ure actually presenting to a pesky client)

Tintin06

Legendary Member
    Oct 23, 2019
    You too... been missing your updates, how is it going?
    Since you asked...

Willkie Farr & Gallagher ✅📼📝❌
    Covington & Burling ✅❌
    Shearman & Sterling ✅❌
    White & Case ✅📼🎙️❌
    Milbank ✅❌
    Ropes & Gray ✅
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell ✅❌
    Latham & Watkins ✅🎙️❌
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅❌
    Skadden Arps ✅❌
    Vinson & Elkins ✅❌
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅❌
    Akin ✅📝❌
    Gibson Dunn ✅❌
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅❌
    Paul Hastings ✅
    Ashurst ✅ 📝❌
    Macfarlanes ✅📝❌
    Mayer Brown ✅📝❌
    Winston & Strawn ✅
    Morgan Lewis ✅❌
    Orrick ✅
    Dechert ✅📝❌
    Cooley ✅❌
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Since you asked...

Willkie Farr & Gallagher ✅📼📝❌
    Covington & Burling ✅❌
    Shearman & Sterling ✅❌
    White & Case ✅📼🎙️❌
    Milbank ✅❌
    Ropes & Gray ✅
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell ✅❌
    Latham & Watkins ✅🎙️❌
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅❌
    Skadden Arps ✅❌
    Vinson & Elkins ✅❌
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅❌
    Akin ✅📝❌
    Gibson Dunn ✅❌
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅❌
    Paul Hastings ✅
    Ashurst ✅ 📝❌
    Macfarlanes ✅📝❌
    Mayer Brown ✅📝❌
    Winston & Strawn ✅
    Morgan Lewis ✅❌
    Orrick ✅
    Dechert ✅📝❌
    Cooley ✅❌
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

Hi, sorry to bother you but when did you receive Morgan Lewis's rejection?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.