Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker a couple of us on the forum did an AC with W&C last week and they said they would be in touch by the end of last week or early this week and so far only one person has heard back with an offer and no one else has heard either with an offer or rejection. Is this a bad sign that their response is now out of their quoted period? Some insight on this would be appreciated.
No it is not a bad sign - it is still "early this week". If you haven't heard anything by late Friday or early Monday, then maybe check in with them.

Reactions: kmo20 and Amehta1

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
this might be a silly question, but when firms ask "why did you apply to this programme/what challenges might you face during this programme", are we meant to be talking about their vacation scheme or their training contract? I'm assuming it would be the VS, but since most of them lead to TCs i can't help but feel the TC should also be addressed???
I think that they are referring to the opportunity you are applying. If you are applying to a vacation scheme, then they are referring to the challenges you might face on the vacation scheme. However, if you are applying for the direct training contract, then I would talk about the difficulties I would face through it.

One does not exclude the others but for the purposes of asking the question exhaustively, I think it is important to direct it to the opportunity you are applying for!

Good luck with the application!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@Jessica Booker What does it mean if others have gotten rejected/received offers after an AC that took place around the same time, but others have not heard back?
I think that until you do not receive a response it is still good news so I would not worry unless you received an outright rejections!

I know it is easier said than done but there is nothing you can do at this stage to prevent this from happening unfortunately!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker What does it mean if others have gotten rejected/received offers after an AC that took place around the same time, but others have not heard back?
It doesn’t mean anything at all - it can just be the way it plays out. All it could be is down to your assessors not being able to catch up to discuss your feedback while other candidates’ assessors have. You really can’t assume it means anything.

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
If I complete an apprenticeship through an in-house role, how are my post-qualification experiences impacted? As I will have completed my qualifications and training at a non-law firm, will it be harder for me to lateral? Especially for a private practice role.

CallumJR

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Would appreciate any last minute advice for the FF AC
💀

Cartoon Bonk GIF by DogeBONK
Fingers crossed, I am rooting for you!!!

isTeapp

Star Member
Feb 21, 2024
My Application Summary Credits: @Legalstalker
FYI: a mixture of winter, spring and summer vacation schemes + a few direct TCs
  • Total applications this cycle ~ 35
  • Rejections post app: ~ 9
  • Rejections post 1st or 2nd stage: ~14
  • Awaiting to hear from: ~1 (Baker Mckenzie Spring)
  • SJT/VI’s still to do: 0
  • AC's this cycle: 12
  • VS offers: Gibson, Hogan + Osborne (all summer)
  • Latest rejection: Mayer Brown
  • Hardest rejection: Clifford Chance Direct TC - prepped so, so hard for it too
  • Easiest rejection: Linklaters
  • Ghosted me: N/A
  • Best Grad Recruitment: Slaughter
  • Tedious Application Process: Kirkland
  • If I had converted my first AC, I would have done only 2 applications
  • If I had converted my second AC I would have only done 9 applications
  • If I had converted my third, fourth or fifth AC, I would have done 35 applications
This is amazing! You should be very proud. Do you have any advice for Baker McKenzie’s AC?

Reactions: Sharon Wu

hopefulforatc

Star Member
Mar 3, 2024
  • If I had converted my third, fourth or fifth AC, I would have done 35 applications
How many direct tcs did you apply? and how was the response for them?

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
12 ACs and 3 VS offers is very impressive, congrats!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.