TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
Anyone else really bad at maths? I genuinely think it's a phenomena that most law students I meet can't do maths and yet a firm I was thinking about applying to says they now require a numerical reasoning test alongside the verbal. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: yasmars

TheLawSucks

Feb 24, 2024
Anyone else really bad at maths? I genuinely think it's a phenomena that most law students I meet can't do maths and yet a firm I was thinking about applying to says they now require a numerical reasoning test alongside the verbal. 😭
I’m TERRIBLE! There was a numerical element to one of my tests and I still got through 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think as long as you meet the benchmark (which hopefully isn’t too high since it’s not really a maths based role) you’ll be fine! my test report showed that I was low in numerical reasoning but I still progressed to the next stage x

Reactions: LillyandSilver

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
I’m TERRIBLE! There was a numerical element to one of my tests and I still got through 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think as long as you meet the benchmark (which hopefully isn’t too high since it’s not really a maths based role) you’ll be fine! my test report showed that I was low in numerical reasoning but I still progressed to the next stage x
Genuinely think it's something that needs to be researched. How are we all so bad? 😂

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
This is not a post re. VS/TC applications but I wanted to share some thoughts after reading an article earlier today. Sorry in advance for being so deep but it really is all too easy to get caught up in work and forget what truly matters in life!

Some of you may have read about the devasting passing of Vanessa Ford, a Partner at Pinsent Masons. It highlighted the pressures of working in a BigLaw environment and the long hours she worked towards the closing of a deal. We will never know exactly what she was thinking but it really reminded me how important it is to recognise that your career is only part of your life - your family, friends, hobbies and interests and general happiness are equally/more so important. I guess it just acted as a reminder to be kind to yourself throughout this cycle and beyond. You're all doing amazingly well and your offer will come!! But until then, remember to take some time out for yourself and spend time with loved ones.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.