TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

D

Deleted member 32324

Bakers spring vacation case study perhaps the most divisive I've seen yet - some of us found it absolutely difficult whilst others thought it was a cake walk lmao. just goes to show

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Sharon Wu

elektrajenkov

Star Member
Dec 20, 2023
Does anyone know of any law blogs/publications that I can submit articles to/volunteer for? Think it would be fun and something good to put on my applications to demonstrate genuine interest in certain areas
The Student Lawyer is normally open to new writers! It's not a huge commitment (write as much or little as you want mostly) and it's certainly helped me with my writing

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    Most firms won't.

Some may provide you with some form of living allowance on top of your salary if you meet certain conditions. Others may be able to offer something like a salary advance. A few firms do offer full accommodation support, but it is rare given it isn't something they offer to employees more generally.

You should speak to the firm's graduate recruitment team/HR to see how they can support you. It is not a problem to ask.

If they do provide some form of support, you'll most likely need to arrange something and they may provide financial assistance. They are unlikely to book the accommodation for you.
    Thanks for this insight @Jessica Booker ! Do you happen to know whether freshfields tends to offer support in any way?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks for this insight @Jessica Booker ! Do you happen to know whether freshfields tends to offer support in any way?
    I don’t know the details - but I would just ask the firm. They really won’t mind you asking even if the answer is no - it will be something that have been asked before many times.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: Sharon Wu

sldn1

Standard Member
    Jul 19, 2023
    Hey everyone, I’m still waiting to hear back from Weil (after VI) but I’ve seen people have gotten offers (I applied either spring or summer) - have I been ghosted 💀 is anyone in the same situation??

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Does anyone know of any law blogs/publications that I can submit articles to/volunteer for? Think it would be fun and something good to put on my applications to demonstrate genuine interest in certain areas
    I think AllAboutLaw does it and I think it would be a good opportunity for you. It is the only one I know unfortunately.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.